Bring back global /LFG

#0 - Feb. 7, 2007, 4:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The new LFG interface sucks. Its too hard to find a group. Pls bring back the global LFG channel. Thank you.
#3 - Feb. 7, 2007, 4:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The new LFG interface sucks. Its too hard to find a group. Pls bring back the global LFG channel. Thank you.

It's not returning. We are working on improvements that we want to add to the current tool. I know you are going through the grieving process and are currently in denial, but I really think it's time to move on. Others have moved on to anger and bargaining. I would hope not many actually spend time in the depression stage though. :(

Here are the stages:

Denial (Maybe they'll still bring it back)
Anger (You guys suck!)
Bargaining (What if you just)
Depression (I don't care anymore aka you all suck)
Acceptance (Ok, what is next?)
#13 - Feb. 7, 2007, 4:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I take Acceptance(btw you spelled it wrong)

Yeah, I accidentally deleted a couple letters and didn't fix it properly when doing a copy and paste. ;)

Look, for those that think I'm being condescending, I'm not even being close to that. However, after thread after thread of the same thing and us saying 'it's not coming back' you would think people would understand that it's not coming back. We are working on improvements to the system. We have said as much many times over. We are reading player feedback and continuing to find ways to implement things we feel will work in the system.

For those that lament for the good old days of the LFG channel, I couldn't possibly count how many petition threads to kill the channel were created everyday by people who hated it. There were some very very angry threads over it. People wanted something more and we've created it and added it in. While that creation may have things players still want changed or added in, the tool itself is here to stay. It is being improved upon. These threads asking for something that isn't being put back in does not help in moving that process forward in any way.

You may call that condescending if you like but it's not. I'm giving you the straight truth and facts. I realize people are going to want to stick with something they were familiar with and with it being taken away, they ARE going through a sort of mourning period. That will pass in time. Let's focus on what we have and how we can improve it rather than continuing to lament the LFG channel as it was.
#47 - Feb. 7, 2007, 4:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Can you tell us what you're adding to it, or fixing? And when they'll go live? I don't need dates, maybe just say next big patch or something.

I would love to give you more details but we can't as of yet. When we can, we will. We just want to make sure that if we tell you something is coming and being done that we are telling you something that is as solid as possible. Once we have the go ahead to do just that, we will.

Feedback that we get from players is helping to shape what we do so don't think we're discounting people's concerns. We want the tool to be valuable and useful. There is no point in us creating something that isn't going to be used and I can tell you the team has put a lot of thought and work into this tool.

I would suggest if people want to continue giving their feedback they do so by focusing on what improvements they feel will best help the system and avoid attacking the team in any way.
#64 - Feb. 7, 2007, 4:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
For those that are offended you can use the following for feedback- - wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com for feedback on Community Team performance. Please note that while emails sent to this address will likely not receive a response, each one will be read and handled accordingly.

In the meantime, please don't use this thread to do it in. Let's keep it on topic. Thanks.
#188 - Feb. 7, 2007, 5:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You may give up on me, but I won't give up on you.

Here are some of the ideas that I've seen consistently brought up by people.

• Smarter autogrouping
  • A new integrated chat channel in the tool
  • More than 3 searches available at a time
  • Ability to look for groups outside your level range for alts etc.
  • Ability to search by spec

What else have I forgotten?
  • #205 - Feb. 7, 2007, 6 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    Q u o t e:

Ability to search by spec. Now that is an interesting tool on many levels.

It's just a suggestion I've seen brought up before. I'm not saying it's a favorite of mine but it's just one of many ideas people have had.
    #221 - Feb. 7, 2007, 6:05 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    Q u o t e:

This is a small thing, but perhaps more people might at least try the tool if there was an icon or prompt that was actually part of the UI. As it is, people need to actually initiate the /LFG through a command. I know this will seem insignificant to many of you but lots of people simply forget about functionality without a convenient shortcut. (If I am simply being really lame and there actually IS a UI tie-in, please inform me and I shall publically acknowledge my noobishness!). Possibly this could be linked in as an option in the quest log (Click to launch the LFG tool for Quest x)...

There is an icon on the UI at the bottom of the screen. It's right in between the main menu icon and the social icon. It looks like a green eye.
    #231 - Feb. 7, 2007, 6:13 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    I will tell you why the auto join is defaulted on for a start. As it is now, we want the tool to be as easy as possible. For those that know how to create the 'perfect' group, they have no problem at all picking and choosing from the lists after they turn off the auto join option. For those that really don't know how to do it or just don't care to worry over it, they are given the auto join option to make it easier for them until they either learn the system better or don't want to use it. This is why it is set up the way it is currently.

There are some people that are fine with auto join so long as they feel it puts them together with people who make up what they see as a strong group.
    #285 - Feb. 7, 2007, 7:16 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    Q u o t e:

let me get this straight.... a bunch of people complained and you took it out, but now a bunch of people are complaining and you are not going to bring it back? apparently if we complain enough it might come back.....

oh and you are improving on it like you improved the meeting stones?....... nice.

why dont you have a limited LFG channel that you join when you use the ........... LFG tool.... when you put up dungeon, quest, etc, etc, you automatically.... or have the option to... join the LFG channel?

how about that? so only the LFG people can hear/see the channel and it wont bother everyone?

It wasn't our intention to make the LFG channel a permanent tool. We had stated as much in the past even when it was implemented initially.