Dying on floating islands and such

#0 - Feb. 7, 2007, 5:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Is blizzard planning anything in the next content patch to adress this? Having to take rezz sickness because there is no possible way to reach your body is pretty bad, IMHO.
#16 - Feb. 7, 2007, 5:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We've implemented measures to prevent a forced rez at Arcatraz, so that players may reasonably access Tempest Keep without having to repair.

However, in the cases of world PvP that I see folks talking about here, we don't have any plans to make the general environment safer for combat.
#23 - Feb. 7, 2007, 5:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

It's pretty amazing to see a world with dragons, ogres, and trolls, yet the ghosts somehow can't float.

You don't know how to fly in life, why would you suddenly know how to in death?
#45 - Feb. 7, 2007, 5:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

How ignorant. It's not that you don't know how, it's simply that you can't. But a ghost can do things a physical being cannot (like walk on water as someone else said), so why can't we fly? Try again.

No need to be insulting about an arbitrary discussion. Take a break.
#54 - Feb. 7, 2007, 5:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

It was insulting? Meaning you were offended? Thus, it was true? Try again, sir.

It was simply an uncivil response in a friendly discussion. I recommend not following their path.
#62 - Feb. 7, 2007, 5:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

What about dieing 75 yards in the air? You say we can't fly in ghost form but our corpse floats in midair after a mage slowfalls and burns you up with instacasts! Is our corpse any different than our ghost?

We've been working on a fix to address that issue and have the ghost drop to the ground. However, I don't have any more specifics at this point.
#74 - Feb. 7, 2007, 5:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Much better. Now, if you'd said that the first time..

Just not taking hints today, are we?
#108 - Feb. 7, 2007, 6:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

saying something to affect "if you cant in life, why death" when referencing a game where you can fly on birds, turn people into turtles, and lay a trap full of snakes you've got some issues to take care of.

Hehe. It is simply one of those discussions that can be argued from any arbitrary angle. As we've seen, any response can involve another outside element which might make sense in a real world and/or a fantasy world. The point, from my end at least, is to see an exchange of ideas and discussion, rather than just falling into a bitter and pointed argument about who is 'right'.
#199 - Feb. 8, 2007, 7:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Pardon me if I'm wrong:

But aren't there certain quests and fights that take place on inaccessible islands (only accessible by flying?) Unless these places have their own personal GY, not sure how you would get back.

You are correct. I neglected to mention before that specific cases such as these could be under review, but I know of no sweeping change to make any and all remote islands 'safer'. The change to Arcatraz which gives a free rez may or may not be applied to other specific cases such as Mechanar. Possible that it could be applied more generally, but I am less sure of that than I am of reviewing specific cases. Going to be inquiring more about this today.