18+ only realms?

#0 - Aug. 31, 2006, 4:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I wonder if Blizzard would consider providing realms restricted to 18+ year old players? I think the benefits for the player community would address a number of concerns, for both adult and non-adult enthusiasts.

* Parents might be more comfortable knowing their children are interacting with age-appropriate peers in a safer environment.
* Adults and minors will enjoy a play atmosphere with like-minded gamers.
* More compatible play schedules, especially among guilds.

The specific age cut-off may not necessarily be at 18, but I think you get the idea. Each country has its own interpretation of when an individual is considered an "adult".
#18 - Aug. 31, 2006, 4:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I can't think of any way it could be accurately enforced, and I don't think it would solve any of the problems you think it might. You would be surprised how little age factors into many people's maturity and conduct while in a relatively anonymous environment.
#54 - Aug. 31, 2006, 5:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The only people who could possibly be against this idea are people who indeed are under 18. Which is like 75% of this board's population heh.

I'm against it, I'm 25. Is that old enough, or is there still the possibility that I may not be mature enough?

Again, you would be surprised how often your assumptions of someone's age based on their conduct would prove incorrect. You're building prejudice based on (maybe) a few past experiences, and it's an ignorant process to participate in. You should be basing your thoughts and opinions on the person, not their age, or any other identifier beyond their actions. Segregating players based on a single perceived idea of what makes a good player is not something we're going to entertain.
#169 - Feb. 18, 2007, 9:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

A week Drysc?

Bingo.