Media Alert Post

#0 - Oct. 24, 2006, 9:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Anyone else just see that post by Eyonix announcing the delay to Jan 2007? It was up as a sticky, then taken down.
#1 - Oct. 24, 2006, 9:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It's still there, look again. ;)
#5 - Oct. 24, 2006, 9:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Eyonix did remove it for a brief moment, and then replaced it!
#60 - Oct. 24, 2006, 9:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Well, I have to say I'm impressed with Blizzard's boldness.

Releasing AFTER christmas cuts their burst sales down somewhat, but hopefully will lead to a more polished game.

We'll see.

Our top priority with any game launch is to make sure that the game meets our expectations and those of our players. The launch of the Burning Crusade expansion will be no exception to this rule.
#99 - Oct. 24, 2006, 9:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
January is a long ways off. A very long ways.

What's done is done but I think most of your players would have preferred that you bust your ass a little harder a year ago so that we'd have the expansion to play for Christmas break, now we get to play it right when work/school starts -yay.

Also, this is a wierd request, but can you quit hyping the game so much for a month or two?

You've given all of your WoW players proverbial 'blueballs' by delaying the game after hyping it up so much.

Lastly, most of us knew it wasn't coming out in November - but JANUARY?

Jesus, put down the donuts and money bags and get to work.

Our hype for the game has been based on our own excitement for what we're developing. While we do wish that we could've delivered the game this year, it's important that the Burning Crusade receives the attention needed before it's released. The additional development time will allow us to further balance and polish the content in the expansion, and it will also give current beta testers more time to offer feedback and contribute to the final stages of development.
#107 - Oct. 24, 2006, 9:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thankyou for including 'blueballs' in your quote & reply.

Not only are you welcome, but a second gift have I given you.
#121 - Oct. 24, 2006, 10:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Fine, that's an admirable reason for pushing the release to 2007. But you should also be cognizant of the fact that this will disappoit a huge amount of the playerbase, regardless of the reasoning behind it. They won't care why it was pushed back to next year, only that it was pushed back.

Eyonix, I would really like you to post just one, solid reason why people should not cancel their accounts right now, rather than pay to play the game the next few months until TBC eventually is released. What would you say should keep players paying for WoW in the shadow of TBC, when they won't be able to get out from under that shadow for quite some time?

Well, as I've already stated -- the upcoming content patch which will be made available prior to the launch of the Burning Crusade will be exciting. Plenty of features to hold players over while we spend an extra few weeks polishing the game.