Very poorly done Blizzard on pvp patch :(

#0 - Nov. 29, 2006, 3:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm sorry I feel you blew this one. The one week warning on the patch should have been two weeks they way your implimenting the pvp patch. The customer should be your number one concern and a two week warning would have given the customer one last shot on gaining rank and the items they wanted. This would have given the customer opportunity whether to pursue the rank and items one last week. The key here is to give the customer the choice.
#4 - Nov. 29, 2006, 3:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
When it comes down to it, the deadline is going to cut someone off. No matter what. Someone is going to be short that last bit of honor before the last calculation.

Your post also suggests that all the player base has had was one week of notice. We have been discussing these changes for months and I, myself, have fielded a number of questions that can be reduced to 'Are honor grinders going to get cut off at the patch?'

We have to move forward at some point and any point we do is going to affect someone, because it is a big change. No avoiding it.
#55 - Nov. 29, 2006, 3:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

My post comes down to a simple one and that is give the customer the choice. I really don't comprehend what is so hard about that. The path you chose gives no choice to the customer. The customer should at least have a choice on to pursue one last week. The customer has no choice the way you implemented the patch.

And what if, due to other factors, that this two week window gets shortened? The fallout from that would be significantly worse and more people would feel screwed over or shafted or what have you. Many things can change in a week and to start making up certainties simply so folks can get a little more play time with an out-moded system is not realistic.

We are providing the customer with a choice. However, it also has to be a compromise. That is the only reasonable thing to do.
#106 - Nov. 29, 2006, 4:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You must be talking about a couple of posts, that blue has posted in, that may or may not have been on the first page of this forum when people visited. What the hell is this announcement crap? Virtually every post blue has made on this subject has been a reply and not an announcement. No sticky posts, no front page article, no warcraft weekly.

There have been previews on the front page regarding the Honor system changes. While I do not have links at the moment, I am positive that definitive statements have been in WoW Weekly.

Not every single issue merits a sticky, but this issue has been directed to in stickies.

You are simply not informed, regardless of our attempts to inform you. Continued efforts to shift blame for this is not going to gain you anything, short or long term.
#271 - Feb. 21, 2007, 8:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
poorly done

Necro'ing threads for no discernable reason is going to stop, or at least be administrated. Thank you.
#274 - Feb. 21, 2007, 8:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Is this to mean "Thread Necrophilia" or what? I'm not in with the hip, snazzy, newfangled speak you CMs use.

Yes, thread necromancy. Notice how this thread has no relevance to current discussion. Why bump it?