Guess the whine for TBC

#0 - Dec. 23, 2006, 10:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
so what do you think the first major whining will be about concerning new spells/proffesion/race for TBC

this is an estimation on what the first major whining (multiple people doing it) will be about for example right now theres a lot of whining about AV, and before that it was Warlocks.

ONLY TBC things can be whined about!

these include but are not limited to

A: NEW spells: spells in which the first rank has a required level of 61+
B: NEW proffesion Items: items created by a proffesion that seem cheap, such as potions or engineering items, also includes twink enchants
C: NEW Races: Any racials, zones, or looks

this is only for AFTER TBC has been released so that a fair estimated whine can commence

my guess is that:Rogues Deadly throw will be first, as its a ranged attack for rogues that slows opponants down 50%

either that or BE/Draenei looks/jokes/voices

LET THE GUESSING COMMENCE!
#3 - Dec. 23, 2006, 10:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok, ok...I've got one. It's a stretch, but if I'm right it'll be epic.

A couple of weeks after release, I expect to see more players completing the newbie zones for the 2 new races. Players will come on here and debate the faction bias that Blizzard always displays and it will be argued whether Blizz favors Blood Elves or Draenei more. This and that yardstick of measurement will be used to understand and quantify what everyone already knows in their heart of hearts, that Blizzard distinctly and subtly favors one faction over another. Question is, which one?

This whining will start small and vague, but build up steam over time until the posting community becomes firmly settled in the fact that one of the races is better than the other one.

When one race becomes the clear favorite, the last domino will have been set. The balance of the game will be forever tainted by racial, faction, class, PvP, PvE and all other balance aspects of this game. The new, best race will be easier to level, prettier, adapt to different class combinations better. It will have clear advantage in all Battlegrounds or Arenas. It will bring a host of versatile abilities to a raid encounter. It will be the belle of the ball.

For the other, unchosen race, there will be naught but suffering and torment without end.

The one, dominant, new race argument will be used as a vast broadsword, cutting through every debate imaginable and reducing them all to so many cubed morsels of twitching flesh. Nothing will stand against the sheer brilliance that is the glaring and obvious overpoweredness of this race and how it directly affects every aspect of balance now and in the future.

When the community decides upon the chosen, all works before it shall be wiped clean. Yea, it will be the end of times.
#26 - Dec. 23, 2006, 10:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I asked my english teacher and the correct spelling is y-e-a-h. Not yea.

Your teacher is wrong. Sorry. :/
#41 - Dec. 23, 2006, 11:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
As for the blue posts.. why resond to such pointless threads? why not inform your community with useful information.. instead of such pointless comments?

This thread has a point. It is to bring levity to the forums, in which it sadly lacks. Part of my job is to entertain and cultivate a positive atmosphere. The first reply I made achieves this part of my job.

Another part of my job would be to provide information to the public, when it is available. If I have no useful information at the moment, I can't very well post something I don't have.

So, I ask you...are you intimately aware of information I have that I should be posting, but am not?

Are you in a position to tell me how to do my job, when I have clearly demonstrated you don't fully grasp what my job is?

Do you realize that someone posts effectively the same comment as you did in every single joke post that has ever been made in the time that I have been working here?

Posts like that are the diminishers. They detract from the forum atmosphere.

So, in point of fact, I am doing my job as clearly outlined by my boss. This thread does have a point.

Good day.

#46 - Dec. 23, 2006, 11:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Block is your boss, right?

Nope. Well, not anymore anyways. He does other stuff.