Blizzard's Definition of "Non-linear."

#0 - Feb. 24, 2007, 8:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have alot of ideas of what this probably means, and I know the dicitonary definition. I was wondering however if I could get a Blue response on exactly what this means. Part of me wants to celebrate, and part of me is very very nervous as to what this could entail. If you have some better idea of what !*BLIZZARD*! means by this then please do tell. Otherwise, a /bump will suffice.

Please, no replies that look like this...
Q u o t e:
NOn-linare meanz...and ur an illiterate nub for not usin a dictshunary to lern werdz, im so l33t i know that they meant...and that iz wut they will implimen...

/gives link to website that admits it is speculation and rumors as to what it means, but presents it as fact anyway.
#6 - Feb. 24, 2007, 9:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Basically, you'll start at one point (the entrance) and the dungeon will branch off to various bosses. These branches will then reconverge at the end, where the final battle takes place. This will allow players who've already cleared or defeated all of the bosses to choose a path to get to the end, without having to clear each and every encounter. Or for players who are still progressing through it to change up the plan by choosing different encounters, rather than singularly measuring progress, one boss at a time.
#11 - Feb. 24, 2007, 9:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Ah, so it is like a bunch of bosses in parallel to get to the final boss instead of having them all in a series.

/taps nose