Beta Q&A - Calm before the Storm Jan. 4th

#0 - Oct. 13, 2006, 4:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Direct link to videos:
http://hosted.filefront.com/emencevideos/

Direct link to screenshots:
http://www.emence.com/html/wow/burning_crusade_screenshots.htm

I appreciate all the requests to write some reviews and post comments on your websites/forums, however I'm going to keep this thread going and thats about it. It's taking me alot of time just to do this, I hope you understand my position on this. Again, thank you very much for the offers!!

Updated:
- Video: Burning Crusade Cinematic trailer
- Screenshots: Shadowmoon Valley map
- Video: Horde Flying Mounts. 5000g/300 Riding Skill
- Video: Fun pets.
- Video: Arena Gear.
- Video: Netherdrake Flight Quest.
- Screenshots: Eye of the Storm BG map.
- Screenshots: Talbuk Riding Mount. A new ground mount gained from reputation grind.
- Screenshots: Tier 4 raid gear stats(Rogue, Mage, Hunter, Priest, Shaman, Warrior)
- Video: Bombing run quest.
- Video: Various NPC Vendor gear and rep rewards.
- Video: Latest Blood Elf bow animations, models, and movements.
- Video: Flying to accessible flightpaths in Outlands.
- Screenshots: Loading screen, maps, bog lord.
- Video: Caverns of Time is up. No instance runs...but wow...just wow.
- Video: Horde and Alliance PVP BG rewards dressing rooms. LvL 60 items with new pricing.
- New Q&A entries(Rogues and Socketing)
- Screenshots: World PvP rewards. (Page 27 has detail)
- Screenshots: High Quality image updates to Login, Dark Portal, Pit Commander, and more.
- Video: Outland Journey. Large download, but worth it.
- Video: Full character creation for all genders, Blood Elf and Draenei.
- Video: Blood Elves and Draenei opening cinematics.
- Screenshots: New PvP tab added.
- Video: Arena, Logon, Dark Portal, and BG PvP Dressing Room
- Screenshots: PvP Mount Vendor

* Videos on FileFront for maximum quality on your media player.

* For Videos. Codec is a basic MPEG-4 Codec. It's XviD Codec, try here http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outland Journey video walk through.

Our flight will be leaving momentarily from the Dark Portal flightpath. We are on our way to the large neutral city of Shattrath. As we take off you notice how large the Dark Portal really is. As we look around the land, we will eventually come up to Hellfire Citadel...a massive structure. We keep going on our flight and pass by many of the various flightpaths. Enjoy your view during the ride for we are about to land in the city of Shattrath. Upon landing we see armies of Draenei training for battle. Moving on...watch your step as we board the elevator...up we go to a high perch of Shattrath so we can see some of the features of this massive hub from above. Let's not bother the commander as he preps his troops...wow, those mounts look menacing. Let's step over here, if you could, wipe your feet before we venture on this red carpet on our way up to the top. Ah finally here, take a quick look around, but watch your step...it's a long way down.

I think it's time we take another trip, but this time we'll use a little magic. We'll go to the inner circle of the city and use the portals you see here...hmmm....where is the one we want, ah! there it is. We are on our way to Silvermoon, the city of the Blood Elves. As we arrive we can see the crazy mages playing their tricks, let's not stay to long I'd rather not be turned into a frog. We will take a quick trip through the city, well...look at that, they are all lined up for our arrival. Let's move quickly, I want to show you a interesting sight...watch those mechanical guards. Don't fall behind, we are almost there...up the hill here, ah there they are...the Blood Elf mounts, curious creatures indeed! Well we are close to the end of our trip, let's make our way past these wandering dead and jump on this ship...watch your step again, the boarding walkway seems to be broken. There we go, ok everyone take a seat....the captain is pointing off to the horizon, this should be a exciting trip, hold on!!!

The End :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Place Holder for Q&A.

Q: Very nice post. I'm interested in what you have to say about the blood elf and draenei racials. Does Heroic Presence (Draenei +1 to hit racial) scale with level and stack if there is another Draenei in your group?

A: You were the first question and I have not found anything on this. Any Draenei leveling help with this one?

Q: Cap is 70 now correct?
A: Yes. Raised on Nov. 9th from 67.

Q: What is the level req to train "master"? (for professions)
A: Master profession level requires level 50 and a skill of 275.

Q: What green armor, green weapons, blue items and purple items of level 61-70 will disenchant into?
A: Arcane Dust, lesser/greater Planar essence, Prismatic Shard, Void Crystal.

Q: Could you take some screenies of new pots and such? Also new recipes?
A: Easiest way to do this:
http://www.thottbot.com/beta?t=Alchemy

Q: Can you please, take screenshots of the Arena Sets, Arena rewards and all of that?
A: Arena vendor isn't available from what we can see.

Q: What is the crit rating about? How does that work, since it appears it replaces % to crit.
A: 14 crit rating looks to be 1% Crit. The character tab now shows your chance to hit and crit %.

Q: Can you PLEASE tell me if you can still purchse rewards from your Arathi Basin / Warsong Gulch / Alterac Valley exalted vendors?
A: Posted a screenie of the Warsong BG Vendor. You can see the new Honor Point prices.

Q: Are the BG weapons that will be blue in BC have the same stats as they do now?
A: It looks that way for the most part. I have a dressing room video that covers this from the Horde side.

Q: Can you put up some screens of the cockatrice and the Draenei mounts?
A: Draenei and BloodElf are both in screenshot section.

Q: Video doesn't play for me, help!!
A: I used a basic MPEG-4 Codec. It's XviD Codec, dll name xvidvlw.dll. Windows Media Player 10 plays them fine.

Q: Please use YouTube or Google Video!
A: I spent most of Sunday(6 hours) moving the videos to both then I watched them...total garbage quality steaming through Flash. I can't give you dressing room videos if you can't see stats. Just be patient on the downloads from FileFront, the videos are worth it.

Q: Are there any new items on Darkmoon Faire?
A: It doesn't look like they will be doing anything for the Faire in BC.

Q: What is the experience amount that 60/61 mobs are giving?
A: This is inflated right now, so we can't get actual release numbers now.

Q: Are current items having an overall? For example I saw a green dagger lvl 60 with 47 dps. So what's happening to the Lobotomizer? Is it green now, or is slightly better?
A: All my current items are staying the same other then stats like Crit % going to Crit rating...etc. The epics are still epics, this is why people are complaining a little on how new greens are better then some epics. My Lobo is going to be old news with some of these drops we're seeing.

Q: Is the new battleground open?
A: We do not see a Battlemaster for it, so we are assuming 'no'.

Q: Is there a opening Cinematic yet?
A: No, but I have the videos up of the new races intros.

Q: Blizzard has mentioned that warlock and hunter pets should scale better with the player in the expansion - have you seen this being implemented, and if so, how?
A: Posted by another member - A hunter in my guild posted this comparison shot of her pet on live and beta. (She's got 4/8 GS, 4/8 DS, and other assorted BWL-level gear. She said the beta shot was with 3/3 in the BM armor talent.)

http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=petscaleed8.jpg

Q: Have you used vanish in pvp yet? Is it still negated by auto-attacks?
A: I have not noticed it being broken by auto-attacks. But I have noticed that it's not clearing any debuffs like it did after the Rogue patch.Remember, at level 62 you get a new rank of Vanish which starts to balance out what today seems to be issues with Vanish mechanics.

Q: How do sockets and socketing work?
A: You match up the color of the socket on your item with a jewel that can be socketed in that color. You then Shift-Right Click the item to open the socket dialog. Then you just drag the jewel into the spot at the bottom. You can re-socket an item, it just destroys the old jewel.

http://www.emence.com/images/wow/screenshots/BurningCrusadeBeta/Socketing.jpg

Q: How does the new Mutilate(41 Talent) compare to Backstab?
A: Mutilate can now replace backstab in most situations. I have been having great success with this build so far. It is a great talent and make poisons finally worthwhile.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-rogue/talents.html?3253201054501305010010000000000000000000000005500000000000000000000

Q: Will reputations be reset?
A: Quote by Tseric:
REPUTATION WILL NOT BE RESET IN THE EXPANSION.
While it is true that BG reputations will not be involved with honor rewards the way they were previously, they are not being reset. No reputation is being reset.

Q: Do you have to be level 70 to fight in the Arena? or will it be something like 20-30, 30-40 etc?
A: You can form Arena groups at 60 and we were fighting people that were level 63's. I'm assuming it will be bracketed at the different levels. It is NOT 70 only. At 70 is when you will be ranked.

Q: Will there be any new/cute pets in BC?
A: Yes, I posted a short video of the new pets.
#41 - Oct. 14, 2006, 1:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
It's been stated that the XP levels are not tuned right now. They will be decreasing mob xp rewards by 50% here shortly. I would imagine they will keep fine tuning til they reach the sweet spot. I think it's obvious that they will not allow players to xp THAT fast. One Blizz rep mentioned a while ago that they want 61-70 to take as long as 1-60 did.

The leveling curve is accelerated so that people can access and test the content. The current leveling scheme is very likely to be toned down in the future.