Blizz - Account closures are scaring me

#0 - March 5, 2007, 7:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Blizzard,

I'm getting deathly afraid for the safety of my account. Today, my cousin's account was closed due to "exploitation". She plays the game straighter than anyone I know. It doesn't make any sense to me. You've banned an innocent person in your efforts to secure the game. She's an adult player, has no intentions of doing anything against policy, etc. She left the country this past weekend on a 3 week business trip and has been logging into her wow account from overseas to play. Today, she finds out she's banned. She cannot afford to call customer service from overseas so she's out of wow for a while now.

If someone as innocent as my cousin can get banned for being a normal player, what about the rest of us? I'm going home today and disabling all of my mods. I'm scared to death that I unknowningly have some mod in my titan panel (etc etc) that is against policy. I can't imaging what else she would be banned for other than a mod. Should we not be using mods like ctmod, titan panel, damage meters..? If so, why even allow mods in the game at all???

Any blue input would be appreciated - It's scary enough losing your account because of a key logger, etc., etc. I don't want to have to worry about it being shut down from Blizzard now too.

Someone trying to do things right,
Bossidy
#4 - March 5, 2007, 7:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Palehoof is precisely correct. Your cousin must contact our Account Administration department via e-mail to discuss the situation; this is the only appropriate avenue of communication on the topic.