Please give priests free reroll to same lvl

#0 - March 6, 2007, 4:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
please give priests a free reroll to allow us to get out of this most useless class. we can't pve well, we can't pvp well, we can't anything well. this class is junk, poorly conceived and is completely useless.

any other healer class can do our job. any other dps class is better than us. everyone grinds better than us and regens mana better than us. everyone is more efficient than us and everyone uses and or can use more spells than us.

everyone has better builds than us. everyone has better trees than us. everyone is lucky they are not us.

shadow priests for 1.5 months were able to dps and bring something to the table with hp/mp regen in ve and vt. now threat has been raised thru the roof. why?

prayer of mending put on cooldown for what reason?

discipline still worthless after all this time. why?

i want a free reroll to the same lvl race as this one. i'll play mage, pally, warlock. anyone of them. this crap has to go. make the rerolled character naked with nothing in the bank either. just please tell us so we can ship all of our stuff to our alts.

i'll even pay a one time fee.

p.s. tseric and the other dummies of blizzard need not respond. i don't care if it's in the works. this is more a demand from a customer who is always right.

should i mention the vivendi shareholder part as well.
#6 - March 6, 2007, 5:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
No. Sorry. If we gave people free rerolls to a certain level, everyone would have some reason to need a reroll.

Everyone seems to really be going to extremes over whether they believe their particular class is broken or not. If we believed every post that said their class was utterly broken, we'd be having to redesign everything from the ground up and then, the next wave of "this class is broken" would occur and we'd have to redesign again for those people as well. We will never make everyone happy. It's just not possible with so many differing viewpoints and experiences. What we can do, is continue to adjust things a little at a time in the areas we feel merit it, read feedback from the community, mull that feedback over and see where else we can make improvements.

I disagree with many of your sentiments but hey, what do you care what I think. I'm just one of the 'dummies at Blizzard' right?

The customer is not always right because it begs to question, "Which customer is always right?" Is it you? Is it someone else who has a completely opposite viewpoint as you? An MMORPG is not something that has a specific function or purpose for every single person. It's not like a hairdryer where you know if you turn it on it's expected to dry your hair and if you hand it to your friend it can dry their hair the exact same way. Everyone experiences MMORPGs in very different ways from a more casual PvE focused viewpoint to a more hardcore PvP focused viewpoint. We try to take into account all those various ways people are going to play when designing and adding to the game. Of course I guess you could say the primary function is the same (or hopefully is) for everyone, and that is to be a conduit for entertainment and ultimately fun.
#42 - March 6, 2007, 5:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I thought the focus of the game was PvE not PVP. Sounds like you guys have lost your vision and focus. Prom nerf was an obvious nerf for PvP. Why you can't make a seperate ruleset for PvP and PvE is beyond me. Truth be told you shouldn't even post, blues do more damage than good because they seem to be posting "as players" and not as "blues"

I've seen people say this a few times this morning and I'm not sure where it's coming from. I don't recall us ever saying it was one aspect being focused on over the other. We do what we can to balance with both in mind since every realm has PvP options and PvE (obviously). It wouldn't make sense to not take that into account since PvP balance for a PvP based realm is the same as it is for PvE based realm and vice versa.

Granted, this adds extra difficulty in maintaining proper balance and takes a lot of juggling to keep everything going in a way that makes sense. I don't think anyone is claiming to be perfect on our end. Striving for perfection does not guarantee that anyone will achieve perfection but that doesn't make the striving any less important or necessary. It's the striving that gets you as close as possible to achieving the ultimate goal. But then again, we fall into the same old argument of 'perfect for who?' One person's perfection isn't someone elses. You may think a pink flamingo on your front lawn is what makes it reach its perfection while someone else may think it just looks tacky.
#48 - March 6, 2007, 5:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Well said Nethaera and I agree 10000%. I don't envy your position trying to quell the masses. On your quote above, can you pass that approach on to the devs who are hitting the Druid class with several key nerfs in one major stroke? There is a strong consensus from all classes that the Druid nerf is too much...too fast. Cheers.

I know people hate to hear this, but they are keeping an eye on things as are we. We'll keep watching/listening and passing the word along. We may not always agree with everything people have to say, but there are often pieces of feedback we feel have merit and take a take a good look at.

Thank you for the feedback on this and your kind words. It is very much appreciated. :)
#76 - March 6, 2007, 7:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Neth please read this post:

https://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=77597531&postId=790017409&sid=1#0

The change has gone live and has not been acknowledged by any blizzard posters.

I'll send the feedback on to the rest of the team. I don't have any answers for this for you but can always try to get some.