There is a Guild that Opted out of Armory...

#0 - March 8, 2007, 8:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#search.xml?searchQuery=Fires+of%20Heaven&searchType=guilds

So far it seems Fires of Heaven on Black Dragonflight has been able to avoid "revealing" their guildies talents, professions, and rosters from being displayed in the Armory. And yes, I have checked over the course of three days since it came to my attention on Tuesday.

As displayed in the link above, you can see each and every one of the Fires of Heavens guilds... except the one on Black Dragonflight, which is an old EQ guild apparently and one of the raid developers guilds.

I am curious: is this preferential treatment or is there a specific reason why this guild has opted out of the Armory? While I long accepted the fact that it's here to stay, this does put a wrench in many of the Armories advocates assertions that Armory should include -everyone-.

And yes, I know it is Beta. Maybe it will change. But when I look at the web page, and not even a Data Access Error there, I wonder.
#61 - March 8, 2007, 8:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We commented on this yesterday. There have been several people that have now said that they are unable to look at their own guilds on the Armory. Please keep in mind the Armory is still in beta and there are still some glitches being worked out. Reporting these issues will help the web team continue to iron them out so that everyone can get the most out of the Armory. Looking up individual players for those guilds seems to still work.

We are not offering an opt out option for anyone at this point in time and may be adding more features to the Armory in the near future of which some if it may have an option to opt out. However, opting out of the entire thing is not something we feel would benefit the intent of the Armory and instead would hinder its usefulness for those that enjoy using it.
#352 - March 9, 2007, 5:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This bug has been corrected as will many bugs over the course of the beta of the Armory.

I'm locking this thread before people start smearing peanut butter on their tin foil hats or something.