Anyone actually gotten a group w/ new LFG?

#0 - Dec. 27, 2006, 4 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I tried to join a DM West group yesterday for 4 hours and nobody ever joined my group
I tried to join LBRS to do Onyxia attunement every day for the past week and nobody ever joined my group
I tried to join a scholo group a few days ago and nobody ever joined my group

Finally I just started yell spamming in org and I got an UD strat group together and thus concludes my 5-man excursion attempts of the week.

My question is, why can't I get a group anymore? I don't think it's my gear or my class: I have mostly epics and am 44 resto. My only conclusion is that nobody either knows how the LFG system works, don't care or simply the LFG system is busted. I'm sure there have been topics on this before, but it's really frustrating being limited to my own guild to find groups - that sounds pretty antisocial from the server community's perspective.

I found out a lot of people on Arthas just join /lookingforgroup if they need a group and get varying success. I've seen a few strat groups advertised but not much else, and most of the time it's just Barrens chat - you know "I like pie" or "John Howard is the illegitimate prime minister of New Zealand" and somesuch. My question is then has ANYONE EVER found a group using the LFG interface? I really don't want to repeat this crap at level 70 and I can't find any groups because nobody has the means to communicate adequately that they are looking for a group.
#24 - Dec. 27, 2006, 4:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have before and I haven't before both. When I've gotten a group it was because it was a popular dungeon anyway. When I haven't it was because it was a low level unpopular dungeon. Although I think the time of day also had a factor in not getting that group.

The LFG tool is only as good as people using it when you need a group. I.E. If no one else is looking for a group for what you need, you're just not going to easily get the people you need to run it. (Or if people shy away from using the tool.)

Of course, I know the arguments about how some people aren't using it because it's not as robust as they'd like, but we would like to think that we are going to continue working on the LFG tool where we can to improve it where people feel it needs improved. It just might take a little time.

I know some people would also like to browse who is looking for groups etc outside the tool but what would actually happen is there would be a lot of invisible people looking at a lot of nothing. This is why you need to key into the system to even look. By having people get in there, others have a chance to take a look at who else is looking for what they want and possibly group up for it.

Also, the autojoin is on by default so that those that are new to the tool have a better chance of getting into a group and learning the tool. We do feel that it's a robust matching system but understand that there are some concerned with how the matching tool is working (via three of one class) and will continue making adjustments to how it picks the matches for a group to be a bit smarter.
#84 - Dec. 27, 2006, 5:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Is the development team aware of the fact that the LFG tool needs more features. Not to be "smarter".

-I have to pretend to be LFM in order to browse what groups are forming

-I can only browse groups in my level bracket. So that means I can't LFG for my main while Im on an alt.

-I can't make a group for anything. I can't stress this enough. People need to be able to make groups for ANY type of group they want. Not just a few of blizzards preselections.

I address the issue of needing to login to the system to browse it. If you don't have to log in to look, everyone looking wouldn't see all the other people not logged in but looking. ;)

Yes, we're aware of the things people want and are looking for as far as enhancements go. I believe there is consideration for the ability to look outside level ranges etc so that people can look on alts.

We also will do what we can to expand upon the choices people have. This is why feedback on what exactly people are looking for is important. As I said, it may not all happen overnight but we are keeping on eye on the system and what we can do to improve upon it.