Arena Awards and Rating - please Verify

#0 - Feb. 21, 2007, 8:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So, originally everyone was told (pretty sure in a blue post, but don't have it on hand) that rating, awards (netherdrakes) and titles were only realm wide. Lately I've heard tons of different variations of rumors. Since after tuesday's late update our ratings were battlegroup wide it led to suspicions that netherdrakes/titles are also going to be battlegroup wide. Well, can someone please clear all this up for us?

Thanks

*Edited the title- Nethaera
#2 - Feb. 21, 2007, 10:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Your rating is based on your own realm. While you are competiting in a battlegroup, your rating and awards are based on how your perform compared to others in your own realm only.
#4 - Feb. 21, 2007, 10:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
there is no way that is correct, Neth. That may be what was intended, but I just can't see that being how it is in-game right now. Consider this:

My partner and I earned a 1729 rating in the 2v2 bracket this past week. Under 'Rank' it says that we're 74th. That means that there are 73 horde teams on Detheroc running around with a higher rating than us. So there are AT LEAST 146 players (more if any teams use benchwarmers) with a higher rating than me. Now, I play quite a good bit and I do my best to keep up with who is doing well in PvP. Chances are, I should have run into quite a few of them if ya know, theres 146 of em. I know of TWO teams that beat us last week. Two. Are there more? Probably, but certainly not 71 more...theres just no way there could be that many that I dont know about.

Can you check into it and make sure that the Rank is actually displaying your rank on your own server and faction?

Oh, and while I have your attention...what happened to the Arena Rankings page we were told was going to be implemented so that we could keep track of how teams were doing, kinda like the old Honor Rankings page??

I can definitely check into it and the page is coming. I'll have to check on the scheduling for it. I think it will help everyone out once they are able to see specifically who is doing what.
#49 - Feb. 23, 2007, 9:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just wanted to follow-up quickly to clear up that it is in fact based on Battlegroup. The information I had previously was that it would be based on realms but that has since changed and it will be based on your entire Battlegroup. Make sure you sharpen up those skills everyone! We want to see the best of the best rise to the top and good luck !
#63 - Feb. 24, 2007, 1:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm actually not in the office at the moment thus why you haven't gotten speedy answers from me.

It's by battlegroup so thus rewards will be based on battlegroup as well. The information we had has changed a little and thus why I'm posting the update about it.