Account Hacked and Banned

#0 - March 17, 2007, 11:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Recently my best friend's account was hacked using a key logger he came home after work to log onto his account to find that his password had been changed and someone was playing his character. As he was trying to retrieve his password, my friend does not use 3rd party programs or bots and i dont even have the password to his account and we have been best friends for a decade now he has never compromised the security of his account.

He reported this issue to Blizz via emails and GM tickets and they said an investigation was underway anyhow blizzard reset the password and he logged onto his account and started playing again, the password was reset again by blizzard that night due to emails and tickets that must have got mixed up and not realised he got his account back but also he recieved an email of account closure yes his account has been banned for someone else hacking it Via Keylogger >>he does not go on gold buying sites or anything like that<< he is genuine and believes his account was hacked via ingame Mail.

This is absolute Bull as he informed GM's etc of what was happening how many times and now because of people smarter than blizzard that can take someones account use it and then get all your hours of hard work banned? Has anyone else had this happen to them and got their account back and what are the chances of him recieving his account back.

I hope that it does not come down to him not being able to play WoW but this should not stand for Loyal paying customers to lose their accounts over something that they have reported to blizzard whilst their accoutns were being played in game then banned for it when blizzard full knowing it wasnt them!! Please Post feedback or suggestions no smart little 12year olds please this is serious!!
#35 - March 17, 2007, 11:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
From the Code of Conduct:

Discussing Disciplinary Actions

This category includes:

* Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player, including chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a World of Warcraft Game Master (GM)
* Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

* Be given a temporary ban from the World of Warcraft forums, depending upon severity
* Each department has its own channels for you to express any comments or concerns through:
* Forums: wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com
* GMs: wowgmfeedback-us@blizzard.com