Time to make you eat your words !!!

#0 - March 2, 2007, 9:33 a.m.
Blizzard Post
You knew it was coming Drysc, you had even hinted at the armory page in your reply.

History:
=======
I put it to Blizzard as to why some classes have superiority over arenas and a successfull (top 5 in the battlegroup, going to regionals, etc), 5v5 arena team cannot be made without them. I suggested that certain class necessity in arenas destroys a truly balanced environment.

Here was Drysc's response, quoted word for word (note the bold text):

Q u o t e:

That's an excellent question. Where exactly did you receive this statistical analysis of team makeup across all realms?

Well, anyway once the page goes up that provides detailed information on team makeup, ratings, etc. for all teams across all realms there will be plenty of time to go completely nuts over one class or another, a team's composition over that one over there, what this guy said about that kind of team, who's wearing white after labor day, fax mentis incendium gloriae, etcetera etcetera, memo bis punitor delicatum.

So until then let's at least enjoy the silence, together.

It was cute, witty, and also a self fullfilling prophecy.

Here is your statistics Drysc, quoting Ming's post from the pvp boards:

Q u o t e:

I really appreciate the effort of a member of NGA (the biggest CWOW forum) on this research. It is definitely interesting. I wanted to do this research myself but since someone did the work for me, I guess I will save time and assume it is correct. Keep in mind this list does not include players with less than 30% games played, and this is American servers only. It is obvious Blizzard had to add paladin to the horde side, as it is almost impossible to build a top tier team without one. Shamans are nice, but horde simply need paladins more than alliance need shaman.

Number of Players Per Class On All 2000+ Teams:

Warrior 35
Paladin 33
Mage 28
Priest 27
Shaman 17
Hunter 13
Rogue 12
Druid 8
Warlock 6

I had included paladins as the example of the most necessary pvp healer for arenas, and chose not to focus on warrior superiority as walking MS debuff bots. However, even though my main is a warrior, I would love nothing more for blizzard to adjust the other classes in a way that allows for better class spreads in competitive arenas.

Drysc, come eat your hat! =)
#36 - March 12, 2007, 10:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
*shrug* I never said you were wrong, just to wait for actual data before jumping to conclusions. See? Now we can actually prove your statement was based on a limited view of the teams, and is in fact incorrect. :)

Q u o t e:
There was not 1 single top team that I could find OF EITHER FACTION that didn't put a paladin in every single match of their 5v5's.
#42 - March 12, 2007, 10:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Who cares it's WoW PvP. Just go in and lose every match, it just takes a little longer to get your free epix.

I'm not sure I would call 8+ months "free", but ok.