Q: BC:CE Pet for existing accounts

#0 - Nov. 21, 2006, 9:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I had a quick question, well, ok, a couple quick questions.

I intend to buy the BC:Collectors Edition when it hits store shelves.

- The collector's edition comes with a special pet, is that pet obtainable for my current chars when I get the collectors edition? Or do I have to roll a new character to get it?

- Does the new content in the BC (other than talents etc.) work for my existing chars? Can my existing characters get to the new places?

- Is the collector's edition going to be out on the same street date as the regular BC expansion?

Thanks!
#1 - Nov. 21, 2006, 10:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I had a quick question, well, ok, a couple quick questions.

I intend to buy the BC:Collectors Edition when it hits store shelves.

- The collector's edition comes with a special pet, is that pet obtainable for my current chars when I get the collectors edition? Or do I have to roll a new character to get it?

- Does the new content in the BC (other than talents etc.) work for my existing chars? Can my existing characters get to the new places?

- Is the collector's edition going to be out on the same street date as the regular BC expansion?

Thanks!

*Edit- Correction to CE Pet availability.

I am happy to report that my prior information was incorrect and that existing characters will be able to get the pet as a part of the purchase of the Collector's Edition. Each character that logs in will receive one in their mailbox.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as you have bought the Burning Crusade and loaded it up/enabled it with your account, you will be able to access all the content with your existing characters and explore the new areas.

As far as I'm aware there are no seperate dates for the release of the CE versus the regular edition.
#148 - Nov. 22, 2006, 3:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I am guessing a Blizzard CM just lost their job.

Nethlatriao or whatever the CM that posted in this thread just got a bunch of CE orders lost over a miscommunication.

Word of mouth ftw?

No, I'm still here but I just updated my post and here's the corrected information. :)

*Edit- Correction to CE Pet availability.

I am happy to report that my prior information was incorrect and that existing characters will be able to get the pet as a part of the purchase of the Collector's Edition. Each character that logs in will receive one in their mailbox.
#157 - Nov. 22, 2006, 3:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Someone just got owned by the boss in charge atm at blizzard.

Nah. I'm always happy when I can correct some misinformation that I had and put something out that makes people happier. I had been given different information at a prior point in time. I'm thankful for the opportunity to correct this and update it relatively quickly for people.
#161 - Nov. 22, 2006, 3:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

*Throws confetti* Yay!
#177 - Nov. 22, 2006, 3:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

does this mean we get the special pet for all of our characters?

It is per character and not per account so, yes.

I don't have any answers on upgrading from the normal version of the expansion to the CE version unfortunately but hopefully we can get that one answered for you at some point too.