Armor Dye

#0 - Nov. 23, 2006, 2:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Does blizzard have any plans to make some way for you to dye your amor and/or weapons? I think it is a great idea, and dont see why its not in the game right now. If anyone from blizzard could respond on this topic that can shed some light on it that would be great.
#19 - Nov. 23, 2006, 3:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Character customization is definitely something we would like to increase, but as far as customizing specific armor we would probably move to something that allows you to choose from color variants for some items long before we allowed actual free-form dying. That's just my take on it right at this moment, but of course anything is subject to change.

As Cay said back in the day dyes are extremely difficult to do right as well, and would either be severely limited or just ruin a lot of the art put in to the armor. The ability to dye makes a lot more sense for certain games as the game and art style support it, but World of Warcraft just isn't set up to do so, and tacking the ability on would contradict some core art philosophies for the game.

Like I said we definitely love giving players choices and the ability to customize, and that's only going to increase as we go, but dyes aren't currently something we're considering for any future types of customization.