Blizzard: Please STOP hiring carebear CM's

#0 - March 21, 2007, 3:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Neth, Tseric, Caydiem, Eyonix, etc, etc. How many times do these people have to make fools of themselves attempting to "understand" a class' pvp problems? I'm sick of reading Tseric's class posts in any forum; saying how priests are the best healers if they spec right (paladin pvp healers anyone?) or in shaman forums telling them that elemental shamans should melee. I don't blame him or any other CM, I blame blizzard for obviously not getting a good mix of CM's who are KNOWLEDGABLE in different fields of the game.

There's two obvious aspects of this game...PVE and PVP. How much sense does it make to just hire CM's that just understand the PVE element of the game, and perhaps a very limited amount of PVP knowledge (usually limited to their main's experience.) Contrary to what is to be believed by listening to CM's, there ARE people who play wow that have multiple 70's by now and know A LOT of the problems facing MULTIPLE classes in pvp. These people are the one's you want as CM's!

I'm not saying the current CM's are worthless, they're people persons...that's what they do best, they may not know every class like some people, they may not know the major problems of every class, but they sure know how to selectively respond to threads, and gosh darn, ain't they witty sometimes?

But, for the love of Thrall, can we please get some diversity in the CM core? Keep the cute little current ones for those witty yet useless responses they're renowned for and perhaps hire some more knowledgable one's for the actual hard hitting data, problem solving posts.

Just think it over.

P.S. for the current CM's: There's a pretty pink bunny in the next post, quick find something witty to respond with and ignore this post (or just accidently prove your worth and forward it to someone with value.)
#5 - March 21, 2007, 4:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Neth, Tseric, Caydiem, Eyonix, etc, etc. How many times do these people have to make fools of themselves attempting to "understand" a classes pvp problems? I'm sick of reading Tseric's class posts in any forum; saying how priests are the best healers if they spec right (paladin pvp healers anyone?) or in shaman forums telling them that elemental shamans should melee. I don't blame him or any other CM, I blame blizzard for obviously not getting a good mix of CM's who are KNOWLEDGABLE in different fields of the game.

There's two obvious aspects of this game...PVE and PVP. How much sense does it make to just hire CM's that just understand the PVE element of the game, and perhaps a very limited amount of PVP knowledge (usually limited to their main's experience.) Contrary to what is to be believed by listening to CM's, there ARE people who play wow that have multiple 70's by now and know A LOT of the problems facing MULTIPLE classes in pvp. These people are the one's you want as CM's!

I'm not saying the current CM's are worthless, they're people persons...that's what they do best, they may not know every class like some people, they may not know the major problems of every class, but they sure know how to selectively respond to threads, and gosh darn, ain't they witty sometimes?

But, for the love of Thrall, can we please get some diversity in the CM core? Keep the cute little current ones for those witty yet useless responses they're renowned for and perhaps hire some more knowledgable one's for the actual hard hitting data, problem solving posts.

Just think it over.

P.S. for the current CM's: There's a pretty pink bunny in the next post, quick find something witty to respond with and ignore this post (or just accidently prove your worth and forward it to someone with value.)

Half of our team PvPs heavily, the other half does not. We are both balanced and working as intended.
#15 - March 21, 2007, 4:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

AMG he did the working as intended thing!

We gain in-game experience on our alts when we use the term.
#24 - March 21, 2007, 4:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

We gain in-game experience on our alts when we use the term.

Je ding.
#113 - March 23, 2007, 5:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Take back the "carebear" statement. I'm deeply offended. Not only do I pvp in game, but I have a history in PvP that goes back before this game. Your assumptions of our gaming lineage are flawed since you don't know us or our past.
#156 - March 23, 2007, 9:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Wow, Neth trolled the hell out of all of you. Every one of you that takes her statement as actual anger seriously needs to work on their sarcasm meter.

Like Piranhas, you guys jump on blood the minute you see it for no other reason than it's your nature. Most of you don't even bother to read into subtext or context.

/golfclap

I'm glad you picked up on that. I forgot to put on the /sarcasm flag. :( My bad!
#161 - March 23, 2007, 9:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

No, no, regale us again how much you were truly wounded.

Gonna record this in the special edition of "Greatest Moments in WoW Forums" :-P

When you prick us, do we not bleed?
#186 - March 23, 2007, 9:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Win.

Why do people suck up to CMs, even when they troll. I seems like it would be against forum rules to troll, or something like that hhmmmm...

Oh well, the suck-ups are probably just little kids that weren't hugged enough by their own parents and are looking for attention from CMs.

How sad.

You could flip this easily and ask why it is so acceptable to attack CMs or any representative of the company. People will react to us either positively or negatively based on their personal take on what we say and how it affects them. It seems more acceptable to not be supportive of what we say and do than it is to be supportive. How is that any different?

We will continue to do what we can to inform the community and take part in it both in matters that are more serious and in matters that are more light-hearted.

To give feedback on the community team, please email wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com for feedback on Community Team performance. Please note that while emails sent to this address will likely not receive a response, each one will be read and handled accordingly.