Items lost when abandoning quest.

#0 - March 26, 2007, 4:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I don't understand the theory. twice upon abandoning a quest I lost the items I collected for the quest. Why?

Once I had the ray gun that shrinks the giant. I didn't realize the gun had a 2 hour timer. I did some other quests first. I got all the items except 1 (I needed several) and the ray gun vanished. I went back to the NPC. Abandoned quest and got the quest again so I could get the gun. All the items were gone. :(

Then in Tanaris the Gahz thing. When I got all my Gahz stones I tossed the swirly hat, not realizing I needed it for the turn in. Went back to the turn in and abandoned and got it again, all stones gone.

#2 - March 26, 2007, 6:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I don't understand the theory. twice upon abandoning a quest I lost the items I collected for the quest. Why?

Once I had the ray gun that shrinks the giant. I didn't realize the gun had a 2 hour timer. I did some other quests first. I got all the items except 1 (I needed several) and the ray gun vanished. I went back to the NPC. Abandoned quest and got the quest again so I could get the gun. All the items were gone. :(

Then in Tanaris the Gahz thing. When I got all my Gahz stones I tossed the swirly hat, not realizing I needed it for the turn in. Went back to the turn in and abandoned and got it again, all stones gone.

With limited bank storage, many players were finding themselves with extra items that they didn't know what to do with. Usually these items were things collected from quests that had been abandoned and long since forgotten about. To help with both the storage issue of having too many items saved away and to help with clearing the clutter many players were being left with, items that are collected as a part of a quest are usually deleted when the quest is dropped.