The WoW Backstory is Movie-worthy.

#0 - March 26, 2007, 2:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have recently started reading WoW lore novels.

I walked into Barnes and Nobel the other day and dropped ~$100 on WoW books.

I started with the "Sunwell Trilogy" manga and was simply dissapointed. Seemed to be written for the youngesters or something. It lacked substance and was REALLY corny.

Hoping for something better, I picked up "Rise of the Horde". I didn't put it down.

After playing all the WC series, it was INCREDIBLY cool to have the backstory described in such detail.

I have A LOT of reading to do. But after the first novel I am excited of what else there is to come.

A series of movies could come from this.

Along with the obvious WoW fan-base, I am certain a large number of the general public would come to see it out of curiosity.

As a WC fan It really bothered me how Orcs were shown in the LOTR series. They looked frail and dumb. I'd love to see a movie where Ogrim smashes some skulls with the Doomhammer.....

Call me a nerd. But this stuff is good.
#22 - March 26, 2007, 3:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Try "The last Guardian" deffinitly my favorite !

They're all very good, but I'd have to agree that "the Last Guardian" is my favorite.
#29 - March 26, 2007, 3:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Also, they could not make a WoW movie b/c the script would change on a whim, much like WoW lore has changed. I expect we will find out that pandareans are the offspring of bearform druid and furbolgs.

http://www.blizzard.com/press/060509.shtml
#36 - March 26, 2007, 3:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

That press release contained nothing related to Furbolg and Druid forbidden love.

That's because it's forbidden as you well know. ;)