Some BC pvp Qs

#0 - Oct. 11, 2006, 8:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi! I know in the upcoming expansion pack, the honor system is being wiped clean. However, I have some questions about this.

1. Will we still be able to buy any Honor System rewards that we could've with the old system (for example, can I buy the rank 5 bracers, even after the system resets)?

2. Will there be all new PvP rewards and/or are old ones being redone?

3. Are the Arena rewards seperate from Honor rewards?

4. Will our current reputations with the Battlegrounds be reset? (Example - my 45 shaman is honored with WSG and AB, if I don't PvP with them from now til BC launches, will I still be honored?)

5. Are there any plans to limit twinking in the expansion, or make it harder for them to get honor? As I see it now, whats to stop people from sitting at 19/29/etc and pooling honor til they can buy anything with it (if that is how the honor system will work).

PS - I figured I'd address this to Tseric, as he seems to be an avid reader and poster, although anyone is welcome to answer if they know. no need for personalized subject lines
#2 - Oct. 11, 2006, 8:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
1. All of the current rewards will be available in the new system.

2. New BG rewards up to level 70. All the Arena rewards will be new.

3. Yup

4. No. Reputation will be left as is, but because of the reward system change, will not have the same value or meaning.

5. Not at this time. We find it to be a viable player-generated approach to BGs. Level requirements of items are likely to prevent the scenario you mentioned. It wasn't really the case in the current setting, so that will likely remain the same.
#20 - Oct. 11, 2006, 9:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

(a) "Not at this time. We find it to be a viable player-generated approach to BGs."

This appears to be responding to the call of the question: "Are there any plans to limit twinking in the expansion, or make it harder for them to get honor?"

I understand you are saying that, despite this opportunity to alter game-play to make it accessable to everyone who wants to participate, the Devs have no plans to limit twinking. You are also saying that this "player-generated approach" (cop-out by the way, where you control the rules of the encounters), which prevents any other "player-generated approach" from being viable or enjoyable is going to remain in full effect.

Thanks for pandering to those who value gold over gameplay.

Twinking is a way to invest in a different type of game balance at early levels. If you think that twink groups invest all of that gold and attention merely to roll noobs, you are mistaken. Twink groups like playing other twink groups to find a new balance in end game, other than the described balance of level 60 end-game. However, because of the BG setup, they have to encounter non-twink groups in the process. They tend to move through that game as quickly as possible, to find another match.

Q u o t e:
(b) "Level requirements of items are likely to prevent the scenario you mentioned."

How? The question raised was whether twinking and stalling at certain levels would be facilitated by the BG system so that players in the teens brackets can horde (no pun intended) their honor "credits" or whatever, and then, when they have 100s of thousands, level out of the bracket and buy all further BG gear on stored honor as they level.

Your answer is nonsensical, and appears to be directed to a question different from the one asked.

We're speaking in terms of battleground rewards. A level 19 character is not going to be able to equip high-end items. Even if they can hoard credits, what would be the point? If they then level up and spend them, who cares? Your making mountains out of molehills.

Q u o t e:
(c) "It wasn't really the case in the current setting, so that will likely remain the same"

Huh?

What "wasn't the case in the current setting?"

In the CURRENT SETTING twinks utilizing end-game enchants on melee weapons completely imbalance the various classes, rendering BGs in the teens and twenties virtually unplayable unless you spend more than 400 G and roll one of three specific classes (rogues in 10-19, and rogues, hunters and warriors in 20-29, i.e., the classes that are able to dual weild and take disproportionate advatage of the broken enchanting system).

Again, we are discussing BG rewards, not the world at large. You obviously have a deep-seated bias, so you want to throw the kitchen sink into the argument.

Q u o t e:
Please explain this portion of the answer to me -- as I can only inderstand what you are saying about the future once I know how badly you misperceive the present.

I don't misperceive the present. I simply have a different opinion. Does that bother you?