The Extra Flask Debate

#0 - March 29, 2007, 7:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This affects potions and elixirs also, but mostly people only worry about flasks.

The question is, should extra flasks proc'd from master quests go to the person providing mats or stay with the person making the flask.

I'm lucky enough to know all 5 of the new outland flasks, so I make them for free with the persons mats. I am elixir spec'd and I get an extra flask out of every 5 I make on average.

When someone wants a flask I trade them the flask they want for the mats, straight up. I then go make the flask on my own and hope for a proc, which would then be my only profit once sold.

Lately, their have been alot of people who ask for the extras, who not only feel it belongs to them, they also do not want to pay anything for it.

I tell people I will trade them a flask for mats, and they say no, they want to group and see if extras proc and get extras. They say that they looked for people with mastery spec just so they can get extras, and thats their whole point to coming to me.

So, am I right to trade a flask for mats and keep extras, or are they right for wanting extra procs in addition to the one for their mats.
#39 - March 29, 2007, 7:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It's always a good idea to make an agreement prior to the exchange of materials on how you will distribute any extras.

I'm sure many people feel that if their materials are netting you something extra that they should be the beneficiary of that extra over you. You may feel that since you have worked up the skill that you should get the bonus flask because without your skill it wouldn't have happened. Either way agreeing ahead of time and sticking with the agreement is bound to build your reputation for being someone who deals fairly with others.

Seeing how you are creating these items for free for them, it seems more likely that people may agree that any extras should be yours in lieu of payment. Be honest and up front with them and they won't feel like you're pulling the wool over their eyes whatever you decide.
#48 - March 29, 2007, 7:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I'm sorry Neth, that just makes too much sense. Please refrain from such statements =]

I apologize. Should I pull out some quotes from Douglas Adams instead? ;)