Armory showing how much gold you have, etc

#0 - March 21, 2007, 4:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Armory IMO = Fine as is at the moment. What concerns me is what may come

What if it showed alts? The armory showing someone's alts on all servers could actually pretty cool in SOME ways like to contact a friend in the game etc. But at the same time, some people like the peace and privacy of playing on an alt no one knows, when they don't feel like raiding at the time, etc.

What about showing the gold you and all alts combined have? Wow, I would love nothing more than for players to see my 20 priest (my personal bank) has over 8,000 gold on him, then harass my mains for money. Oh yeah, not good.

Not sure if this is their direction, but am hoping to at least ask Blizzard, please don't display gold. I know its technically your property but for heaven's sake that will be one huge can of worms if you show it.

And people, don't think these things wouldn’t have been thought of by Blizz if I didn’t bring them up. Just trying to preserve at least some in-game privacy.

Thanks
#1 - March 21, 2007, 4:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There will be additional information that will be available on the armory at some point but I don't have a list of specifics for you right now. What I can tell you, however, is that there may be options to opt in on some of that information being made available.
#149 - March 21, 2007, 7:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The Armory will not be showing how much gold people have.