" 1.13 " = what??

Forum Avatar
#0 - Oct. 30, 2006, 12:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Conflicting info from Eyo and Tseric..........

Does anyone know what is really going on with the next patch??
#5 - Oct. 30, 2006, 12:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Just a question but where did you get this info?

It was discussed in limited amounts last week, and has at least been hinted at here and there. We will be releasing a content patch before the release of the expansion which will include many of the 'game-wide' features that are not specific to Outland, the new dungeons or zones, or level 70 restricted content (aka the stuff everyone is getting anyway). An exact list has yet to be revealed as we're still working to see what exactly can be included, but all of the class/talent changes are confirmed, as well as the new honor system.
#14 - Oct. 30, 2006, 12:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
is there any estimated release time for this patch?

We don't provide release dates/schedules for patches as a rule. In this case it's safe to say "before the release of the expansion". :)
#30 - Oct. 30, 2006, 12:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I was under the impression (from Tseric's post stating it) that there would be no 1.13 patch, only the 2.0 "bridging" patch.

I'm not sure of what patch number is being used, so to cut out any confusion it's "the patch before the expansion with a whole bunch of stuff in it". As far as I'm aware there will be a separate "bridging patch" (containing expansion weapons, armor, items, race models, etc. that everyone will be able to see) closer to the release of the expansion. I could very well be wrong and they could be merged, but we will indeed be releasing a content patch before the release of the expansion with a bunch of goodies in it. It's going to be SPOOKtacular!

Q u o t e:
Could you confirm if we are getting the new talents ALONG with the up-to-41point talents, or simply a rework of the trees?

It would be a full release of the new trees up to the 41 point talents, including all of the changes, class ability changes, etc.
#44 - Oct. 30, 2006, 12:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Will all classes be getting the free respec with this patch, or will we have to wait til BC is released?

There are too many changes to not provide a free respec upon release of the patch. Things have been shifted around, points would be spent but missing, higher tiers would be full without the appropriate pre-reqs. It would be a SPOOKtacular mess!
#48 - Oct. 30, 2006, 12:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Do I smell a halloween content patch release?

No, it's either BO or my lame humor. They oddly enough both smell like chili-cheese fritos.
#52 - Oct. 30, 2006, 1 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Or even better just a "possibly" or a "not till BC release" on the new races would be swell.

You will need to purchase the expansion to have access to the new races. We're not planning to allow a "trial" of the Draenei or Blood Elves at this time.
#93 - Oct. 30, 2006, 1:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Gentlemen, gentlemen! Please! *grooming of the mustache and a sip of port*

The expansion is required to level to 70. It's going to be...
#183 - Oct. 30, 2006, 7:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We will try to get all the various confusions cleared up for everyone tomorrow (I'm unsure of the patch number of the pre-release patch myself). It appears that some quasi-truthful statements mixed with unsure clarifications have created a sort of information quagmire, and for that I apologize. I can't say I appreciate anyone being called a liar in this situation though. There are more rational conclusions to come to. Though it looks like they're glancing off the brim of your reynold's wrap fedora. :) Believe what you want to, be secure in your belief, and there will be no need to defend it. (ie just let it go already!)