ERP Situation on Ravenholdt

#0 - April 9, 2007, 6:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The entire front page of the Ravenholdt server is covered with threads about the situation with the guild <Abhorrent Taboo> and the fact that they engage in extremely graphic erotic roleplay with subjects including Anthropomorphism, Bestiality, Transexuality and any number of other adult topics.

Before I continue let me say, what consenting adults do is their business. I don't care.

However, the guild master has repeatedly defended Paedophelia and stated that she would not be against it if it were done in a 'roleplay' style. She has further said that she doesn't know whether or not her guild members are male or female in real life, but that she does ask them 'are you 18' before joining. This sets up a situation where underage kids and teens, (there is word that a 14 year old joined the guild) who think they are worldly enough to know what they are doing are quite possibly engaging in sexual situation for gratification with adults.

I would like to know if at some point someone from blizzard would please chime in with an official policy so that we can know if this sort of thing is even going to be looked into. And if it isn't please go shut down the thread factory on Ravenholdt. And let me know too so I can put the word out to friends and other parents that they need to sit down and seriously monitor what is going on in this cartoonish- aimed-at teens-game.

This is a delicate situation Blizz, I hope you rise to the occasion.
#64 - April 9, 2007, 7:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thank you for reporting this situation. We are going to lock this thread due to the delicate nature of such conversations on these forums. This has been forwarded to the GM department to investigate. Please notify the GM staff in game should you come across any other issues such as this in the future. The forums are not the best location to do so.