Logged in to forum last night,....HACKED TOD

#0 - April 9, 2007, 8:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
for the first time ever last night, i logged in to post a question on the blizzard forums... Turns out I never did post that question got distracted read a thread and got tired and logged out . This morning when I logged in,...half my stuff was gone from bank ...as i was going "wtf???" i got booted and locked out, by the time i did the auto password recover,..everything was gone !

BLIZZARD ! you claim to have over 7,000,000 customers.... why can't you afford 24 hour live support?

I have not added anything new to my addons in over a month
i have never purchased gold or used a power leveling service
i have never clicked on a html link or any link other than official blizzard links
i do a full system scan daily and nothing is picked up.

I sure hope I get a complete re-set otherwise I have wasted 6 months playing this game.

I understand that you need to have temp accounts to attract new customers.. How about you LOCK OUT these temp accounts from mail and auctionhouse and trade access? That way at the very least, hackers would have to have an active paid account and you could ban the people who recieve stolen goods.

I think that what happened is that I have a resident key logger. since I never type in my account name to play the game....(set to remember) , the hackers never got all the info they need. When I logged in to the forums last night,... they got what they needed. If You dis-allow anything but gameplay (no trading selling or mail) on the temp accounts,...it may make it easier to trace these hackers.. at the very least, blizz will earn 15 bucks everytime a hacker needs an unbanned account to rip a person off. That would make blizz happy and also prolly slow down the hacking.

seriously after 59 days played in 6 months...i am considering quitting outright...canceling my orders for the new tcg stuff selling off or giving away all my WoW related stuff and going back to my playstation. That really sucks, because i really love this game. But, If all of my hard work and time spent can be taken away from me this easily,.. i don't know that I want to continue.

I sure hope blizzard makes this right. I would hate to lose all of my ingame friends...just as I am sure my guild would hate to lose me.

there must be security measures that Bliz could take.... how about a random multiple choice question on log-in. these questions could be tied in to info that you input on your account page. Whatever, I am the 4th person in my guild to have suffered this in the last 6 months.. How about you make in game money transfers impossible between toons on different accounts.... that would stop the gold farming problem at the same time. ppl could still transfer money back and forth via the AH,... but that would make it neccessary for both ppl to be present to transfer money and that would allow Blizzard to catch the cheats and money sellers.

have a good day all,...interested to hear what you have to say on these ideas.

-Phil
-aka Gymbol (the naked pally) of Aggramar

#21 - April 9, 2007, 9:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please read the following information provided this link about Account Security-
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=93159484&sid=1

It's important to contact a GM as soon as you experience this so they can act on your behalf.

I'm closing this thread since this is not the best way to get action on your behalf. You can also post on the Customer Service forum if you have any additional questions that they may be able to help you with.