Flying Characters Shouldn't See Nodes.

#0 - April 11, 2007, 12:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The epidemic of epic flying mounted players, obviously not hurting for cash, flying around farming up all the materials that those not yet able to afford their own mounts might themselves use to make money, is another horrible example of poor forethought and the widening gap of have vs have-not.

I don't mind normal competition, on my level, for the same spawns. If you get there first because you can clear faster, stealth, put your pet on something and harvest, or are on an epic LAND mount vs a character who isn't, grats and hopefully we're leaving in different directions.

But to have cleared halfway to a node only to have a level 70 swoop down and take it -- multiple times in the same zone -- and see a stack of whatever it was on AH for gold by that same player (meaning they weren't gathering to craft, either) seems a little skewed in design.

It's a case of the rich getting richer, and everyone under 70 trying to earn for a mount getting screwed.

Turning off node visuals while in flight would solve it entirely, as they can still go farming like the rest of us, and still have the advantage of being able to blow things up more effectively due to their level.

And here, I'll save some of the wonderful members of the community some time by entering your responses for you.

QQ more
Lrn2lvl70
Post on your main
Lol n00b
Being Level 70 with an epic flying mount makes me a better and more deserving (player/human being/force of nature/individual of any real significance) than you are, so STFU you stupid casual.

I'm sure I missed some. Enjoy!
#37 - April 11, 2007, 12:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The cash for a normal flying mount should come pretty easily just thought questing, at least it was for me and I've heard from many others that they had the same results. If I am flying around looking for nodes and I see someone clearly fighting towards one, I'll let them have it. Sometimes I'll even hover for a while just to make sure, I have time to wait and see. Well, if it's Khorium my greedyness may overcome my generosity...

I'm not really saving right now for an epic flying mount, I'm just saving to buy the necessary items for raid attempts, gems, etc. The epic flying mount is a longer goal, I don't need it, and if I eventually get there then awesome, and if not oh well.

I don't think you can accurately portray anyone with a flying mount as "rich", especially when all of your available funds are going towards the mount.

There are always going to be cases of someone being inconsiderate, flying mount or not.