Where are the Priest talents you saw

#0 - Sept. 12, 2006, 4:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
While we're not ready to provide specific details for the priest, I will say that I've been waiting to review the expansion's direction for all new class spells and abilities before choosing which level 60 character I'll progress in Burning Crusade. Based upon the information available to me, I'll be choosing my priest.

Also, I'm fairly certain that I'll be moving very deep into the Holy Tree. ;)

Eyonix?

Where are the Priest talents for the Holy Tree you saw?

Please don't tell me that you are referring to the Talents posted... They must have been changed last minute right?

Nothing in the Holy Tree makes me want to stay in the Holy Tree; almost NOTHING! ;_;

~Chastity
Holy Priestess of The Light

*Edited the title- Nethaera
#2 - Sept. 12, 2006, 4:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Given the new Priest talents and spells, there are many different ways someone can spec their priest. Some will go deep into Holy because they are focused on PvE. Some will go deep into Shadow because they are focused on PvP. Some will do a combination of talents from the Discipline tree with Holy or Shadow to get more out of their spec and be able to do a bit of it all.

I am also on the deciding end of whether I level something new, spec one way or another with the priest or continue working on other characters of mine for a bit. There are a lot of new options opening up and I have too many characters to choose from.

I'm more on the PvP end of things and like being able to kill but I also don't like being too overly selfish so that I can help in groups.

Like many people too, I'll be having to decide whether I want to finish 60-70 on characters or start one of the new races with a different class.

Everyone has their own style of play and what they want to get out of it. That's one of the things that can be great about the variety of talent specs that are opening up as well as one of the most frustrating things for people is deciding what to do.
#19 - Sept. 12, 2006, 5:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
First I'd like to say it's very important for people to remember that we are still in testing. It's like a visit from the Ghost of Christmas Future. What you see is a preview of things and they may change. We would like to think that these are fairly solid at current or else we wouldn't have released them. That said however, we'd also like to think that if we need to change and adjust things that we will but that will have to come about as a result of feedback from direct testing with a sprinkling of first blush impressions from people.

Secondly, it's always easy to theorize (for some) about what you are seeing because you base it off of what you know now. Experience as we know with spells and talents used in new encounters whether they are PvE or PvP can make a difference in that theory however. For myself, I'd like to wait on projecting on how I think things will be and work more toward actually testing first. It's been how I have normally liked to do things. I'm more of the 'hands on' kind than I am the 'in theory' kind.