Dear Blizzard - You Got Caught (5v5 invites)

#0 - April 19, 2007, 1:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It has come to my attention that invites to the 5v5 tourney have gone out; I really wasn't sure as I did not get an invite. I run a team on the Bloodlust Battlegroup and we are currently 4th (WHY DID WE BRING A DRUID).

My question is, I was informed that the #5 (ZERG IT DOWN) team overall got an invite to the tourney, and that the #3 and #4 teams (both from my guild) did not get invites. How exactly is this possible? Of course, the #1 and #2 teams also got their invites, but my guildmate's team who was #3 (NOT EVEN GOOD) did not get an invite over the #5 (ZERG IT DOWN) team (and neither did we, being #4).

So what I'm asking for is an explanation, because this seems excruciatingly shady. Especially because on the last day we went nearly undefeated (7-1) versus the #5 (ZERG IT DOWN) team, and we had never really played them before.

See for yourself: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/?#arena-ladder.xml?b=Bloodlust&ts=5

Thanks for the read,

Mogarr

EDIT: It has been a full 24 hours and still no sign of a legitimate response. This is absolutely ridiculous. Only Blizzard could make the mistake of a #5 ranking being higher than a #3 or #4 ranking.

*READ HERE FOR ALL YOUR ANSWERS*

EDIT2: From page 24:

Tseric's Post (Page 4):

Q u o t e:
The team standings were pulled on Sunday, April 15, the stated end date for the qualifiers. What you're looking at are current standings, not from the stated end date and the day we pulled standings from.

*To clarify, the standings were pulled from the the Armory as it updated with the ratings from Sunday, which was done at approximately 5:00 AM PST, April 16. The armory would have held standings from Saturday at 11:59 AM PST, April 15.

Wait, what?! You pulled standings from midday April 15!?!??! How the hell is the middle of the day a representation of the end of the day?!? This is absolutely ludicrous!

Quote directly from the Arena Rules page (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/?#arena-tournament-rules.xml) Section 6, First Bullet, Paragraph 1:
Q u o t e:

The First Qualification Round of the Tournament. The First Qualification Round of the Tournament for the North America and European Union Region shall commence on February 16, 2007 at 12:00 AM, Pacific Standard Time and end on April 15, 2007 at 11:59 PM, Pacific Standard Time.

This quote is taken directly from the tournament rules site, it says SPECIFICALLY 11:59 PM AND NOT 11:59 AM. HOW IN THE WORLD ARE YOU CHANGING WHAT IS ON THE RULES OF YOUR SITE. YOU CANT CHANGE THE RULES AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED. How are we supposed to take your rules seriously if you change them at the end? I am absolutely infuriated. If this decision is absolutely serious, then I am done with this godforsaken game.
#68 - April 19, 2007, 2:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The team standings were pulled on Sunday, April 15, the stated end date for the qualifiers. What you're looking at are current standings, not from the stated end date and the day we pulled standings from.

*To clarify, the standings were pulled from the the Armory as it updated with the ratings from Sunday, which was done at approximately 5:00 AM PST, April 16. The armory would have held standings from Saturday at 11:59 AM PST, April 15.
#85 - April 19, 2007, 2:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

It doesn't matter when you took the data from, my team hasn't fallen below 3rd place in the past 2 months.

Explain that?

Do you have 5 eligible members?