Legendary Flying Mount - need an answer

#0 - Feb. 9, 2007, 1:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The legendary flying mount, what does it take to get it. If I'm the #1 team in the 3vs3 bracket at the end of the season but the 5vs5 team on my same server has more points then me do they get it does it goto every winning team of each bracket?

P.S: Is there an official FAQ for the arena, lot of little questions that I'd like to know the answer to such as a player joining a team the day before the arena season ends and getting the flying mount.
#1 - Feb. 9, 2007, 2:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
They're epic, not legendary, but the top 0.5% of teams for each bracket will receive the swift (armored) nether drake, as well as a special title, at the end of the season. Depending on how many teams are competing multiple teams in each bracket could receive the end-of-season rewards.
#7 - Feb. 9, 2007, 2:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Drysc,

In a previous response it was brought to our attention that the questline for the netherdrake (non armored) would be implemented in the next patch. According to the Notes for 2.0.7, This quest line was not added. Can you comment on this?

I believe any messaging we posted indicated "a future patch", if you've seen something different feel free to reference it. The 2.0.7 patch is mostly bug fixes and doesn't include any content as far as I'm aware, such as a new quest line.
#15 - Feb. 9, 2007, 2:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Will the brackets be separated and ranked based on server or battlegroup? And if it is ranked upon server, is it top teams in each faction or both horde and alliance?

The arenas will use cross-realm functionality to match teams, however ranking will only be based on each realm. You'll be playing against teams on other realms, but your ultimate ranking is against other teams on your realm. The ranked teams won't take into account faction. It's the top .5% of each bracket separately, meaning top .5% of the 5v5 bracket, top .5% of the 3v3 bracket, and top .5% of the 2v2 bracket.
#20 - Feb. 9, 2007, 2:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I wonder how many people 0.5% will usually work out to.

Well say there's 400 2v2 teams (completely hypothetical) on a realm, 2 teams will receive the end of season rewards (.5% of 400 = 2). It really depends on the realm and how full each bracket is. There's of course likely to be more 2v2 teams than 5v5. If I had to guess I wouldn't imagine it going too far past a couple teams of each bracket, and more often than not probably one team. It remains to be seen though.
#40 - Feb. 9, 2007, 5:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Just wondering, I don't know if this has been addressed elsewhere, but how arena ranks determined? is it a ladder system? a win loss record? or is this information not yet released yet...

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/arena/