Devs, CMs out of touch, a PRIEST QQ

#0 - April 23, 2007, 7:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I knew there was a very small chance that any of these CM's / devs, were actively playing their priests in end game content, but it is becoming more glaringly blatant that they are completely out of touch with the priest class.

Whether it is just now acknowledging problems with shadow fiend, adding 25 healing to worthless spell, completely ignoring the armor benefits of innerfire compared to other classes, and/or the lack of direction in the Discipline tree.

So ... I thought about it a little more , and I'm wondering if these guys even attempt the end game content and participate in arenas with other classes.

Any idiot that has been to Kara could tell you shadow fiend does not work with CC targets. You do not have to be a priest.

Any idiot, who has participated in PVP in the last year, can tell you the 10 % dmg increase we receive from mellee targets due to the Burning Crusade, is a MAJOR NERF to the priest class. You can easily see as a mellee class how easy a priest's health drops, and easily as a priest see the white mellee hits catching up to the healing out put we have.

Any idiot, can look at the paladin, shaman and druid resto trees, and see how the talents actually help those classes when they heal.

So for the love of god, lets get some CM's / devs that play the game, much less the priest class, because the nerfs / buffs that are being applied, are WAY out of touch.
#2 - April 23, 2007, 8:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I knew there was a very small chance that any of these CM's / devs, were actively playing their priests in end game content, but it is becoming more glaringly blatant that they are completely out of touch with the priest class.

Whether it is just now acknowledging problems with shadow fiend, adding 25 healing to worthless spell, completely ignoring the armor benefits of innerfire compared to other classes, and/or the lack of direction in the Discipline tree.

So ... I thought about it a little more , and I'm wondering if these guys even attempt the end game content and participate in arenas with other classes.

Any idiot that has been to Kara could tell you shadow fiend does not work with CC targets. You do not have to be a priest.

Any idiot, who has participated in PVP in the last year, can tell you the 10 % dmg increase we receive from mellee targets due to the Burning Crusade, is a MAJOR NERF to the priest class. You can easily see as a mellee class how easy a priest's health drops, and easily as a priest see the white mellee hits catching up to the healing out put we have.

Any idiot, can look at the paladin, shaman and druid resto trees, and see how the talents actually help those classes when they heal.

So for the love of god, lets get some CM's / devs that play the game, much less the priest class, because the nerfs / buffs that are being applied, are WAY out of touch.

Priests should be careful how and when they use the shadowfiend. With that being said, we are improving the shadowfiend's AI next patch so that it ignores cc'd targets.

Concerning the discontent surrounding the 41-point talent, Circle of Healing, it's important to note that we're simply taking small steps to improve the ability. If it turns out that the improvement to efficiency and small increase to healing done are not enough, we'll make further adjustments as necessary.

Other improvements are being looked into as well, as we've stated in the numerous times in the past. This includes talents in both the discipline and holy trees. Also, it's likely that at some point in the future, you'll see additional improvements to priest racials.

It's very important to remain patient.