WoW Before Honor system / bg's / arenas....

#0 - April 24, 2007, 4:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
the ONLY time classes were somewhat balanced imo.

To the players that have been playing since then and on....

everyone can tell wut a big dump the devs took on the game trying to improve it.

Id also like to point out that the most common reason of imbalance it seems.... is battlegrounds and arenas are deciding on what roles our class play and what damage we do.
Every nerf and buff coming in and out is all based on people crying about our contained and restricted pvp enviorment.

I dont even pvp on this toon because...its a joke.
#4 - April 24, 2007, 4:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
While it was a lot of fun for many, it was also disruptive for those attempting to make PvE progress in those areas and also could get very laggy depending on the amount of players in one concentrated area. During that time, many players expressed a desire to have actual goals and Battlegrounds and Arenas, as well as outdoor objectives, now give players some goals and accomplishments to aim for.

For you, things may seem worse. For others, they may love the additions and the changes that have been made since then.

Balance in general is a very delicate thing to maintain especially when you add more content, items, areas, abilities and more as we have. It's easy enough to say balance should = x, but in reality getting to x can be a much harder thing than people may realize. It takes time, patience and a lot of fine tuning on an ongoing basis.
#33 - April 24, 2007, 5:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

PvE server.

Easy enough to say but at some point, players still need to be able to progress through content so they can face opponents that may have an edge on them. ;) Sure, there are different areas to level up in, I've been there and done that, but it does tend to take a little something away at the same time.
#36 - April 24, 2007, 5:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You're a candle, what do you know.

Many many things. Mostly in the useless trivia end of things though; fount of useless knowledge and all that. (No haters need to jump on that. I said it already!)