Blizz you should just stick to RTS...

#0 - April 20, 2007, 12:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Beause you seriously dont have a clue on how to design a MMO.

Examples:

1. Holy Priests whine and cry because they are being replaced by Paladins in raids.

Blizz Solution: Nerf Paladins instead of fixing Priests.

2. A few players whine and cry about the consumable requirement for raid progression.

Blizz Solution: Nerf the entire alchemy profession across the board.

3. *!@!ty PvPers whine and cry about Warlocks and fear.

Blizz Solution: Make fear break on any damage.

4. Blizzard cant figure out how to fix certain aspects of the game.

Blizz Solution: Instead of fixing one problem they just nerf the crap outta everything else to bring it down to the level of the original problem.

You shoulda finished SC: Ghost and put out WC4 guys. Because at the rate you're butchering this once great game WoW will just be one giant joke at the current rate of nerfs every patch.

#50 - April 20, 2007, 1:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
1. Holy Priests whine and cry because they are being replaced by Paladins in raids.

Blizz Solution: Nerf Paladins instead of fixing Priests.

We're fairly happy with priest healing where it is, so instead of just playing leap frog by pushing each class above each other until the encounters and content are trivialized ...

Q u o t e:
2. A few players whine and cry about the consumable requirement for raid progression.

Blizz Solution: Nerf the entire alchemy profession across the board.

The more absolute solution I can think of would actually have been to remove the use of elixirs and flasks while in an instance, thereby removing the consumable requirement almost entirely. With the mat/stat changes alchemy is still useful, there's now just a more distinct line between elixir and flask (farm-mode vs learning) that doesn't involve a huge material gap as well . The change to limiting how many can be used at any one time leans more towards balance concerns as we move into the future of the game.

Q u o t e:
3. *!@!ty PvPers whine and cry about Warlocks and fear.

Blizz Solution: Make fear break on any damage.

Hyperbole ftw? From the patch notes:

"Chance to break crowd control from damage: The increased chance for a spell to break from taking a critical strike has been removed. Instead, all targets over level 60 have a slightly larger chance to break out of crowd-controlling effects when they take damage."

It's pretty slight too.

I will agree though, reading these forums and taking posts and claims at face value would pretty much convince anyone that the game is completely unplayable if they didn't know any better.
#73 - April 20, 2007, 1:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm glad you're happy. Almost every priest I know is not.

We're still looking at a few things, but we don't want to push priest healing up simply for the sake of overtaking a gap where there shouldn't be one. There are other solutions to that problem.

Q u o t e:
Good job on giving rogues improved sap for free though. Perhaps the single biggest and most significant buff in the history of MMORPG's.

. . .

Ok, right.