Harbinger Skyriss... Bugged? No pun intended.

#0 - March 12, 2007, 7:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I swear the final boss of The Arcatraz is the heroic version in "normal" difficulty mode.

My group wiped maybe 10 times on the boss. We cleared the whole instance with no problems and then the last boss beat us down like we were nothing.

Group comp was:
Paladin healer (me, and im specd for it)
Warrior
Mage
Rogue
Shadow Priest (read: mana batttery and dps)

On our best attempt we got him to 5% but still ended up wiping.

The boss constantly spams the 1800x3 over 3 seconds "mind flay" some times back to back. Often hitting me twice in a row more than once a fight. DS took care of the first one but the second was enough to finish me.

This guy has got to be the heroic version. Anyone else have this problem? Easy instance with an insane boss?

For the impendin L2P posts, ya thanks for your input. Been there done that.
#17 - March 12, 2007, 8:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This boss can be a bit challenging, and there is some luck involved as getting double mind-flayed (especially as the main healer), is almost certainly a wipe. However, once your group has the hang of him, you should get him after a couple of tries. DPS him fast and kill his clones immediately -- you want to give him as few mind-flaying opportunities as possible.
#50 - March 12, 2007, 8:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've been in groups where we've struggled on Soccothrates (I don't know why either, "fire is bad" is a difficult concept it seems) and blasted through Skyriss first shot. An off healer can definitely help, but a well prepared main healer is more than sufficient. More important is probably being able to DPS down the little mini-bosses that come before quickly. If you can't do that before Skyriss comes in then you're not only going to be in a tight spot for the boss himself (ZOMG DRINK!), but also for just being able to take him and his clones down quick enough.
#67 - March 12, 2007, 9:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
What did you never do quests?