Some arena questions

#0 - March 27, 2007, 9:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Will there ever be new arena maps? Two gets old fast. Will we ever be able to create an arena team tabard? Are matches that end in a draw recorded in any way or treated as if the match never took place?
#2 - March 27, 2007, 6:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Will there ever be new arena maps? Two gets old fast. Will we ever be able to create an arena team tabard? Are matches that end in a draw recorded in any way or treated as if the match never took place?

New arena maps are a possibility for the future but there are no specific plans at this point in time.

Matches don't end in draws since it's last man/woman standing to win the match.
#6 - March 27, 2007, 6:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You sir, are wrong. I once executed another warrior at the exact same time he executed me and the match ended with a 0 point change for both teams.

That is the first I've heard of that happening. I guess we'll have to ask how that gets calculated. Although you sir are wrong that I am a sir. ;)
#17 - March 27, 2007, 6:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Ive had 3 draws that ive counted and this realy shows how out of touch Blizzard is lol :D

Hey, now! I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I just said I hadn't seen it before. Don't go too far down that yellow brick road thinking that someone isn't aware of it. I said I wasn't. Thus, I'll ask. ;)
#26 - March 27, 2007, 6:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Here is the information I found out:

When you play a match and it ends in a draw, it does not count as a match played. No one will be scored with a win and no one will be scored with a loss. Your ranking will not change.
#34 - March 27, 2007, 6:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

What are the grounds upon which a match is judged a "draw"? For instance, do both people have to die within one second of each other?

I don't know how close it judges it. It sounds like people who have had a draw knew full well it was a draw as soon as it happened since they both died at the same time. Best bet is to win handily to avoid draws. ;)