Healing taking blues for death

#0 - May 8, 2007, 11:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just did heroic, healer died 5 times, everyone else died once. She took the last 2 blues and d/ed them and kept them saying "This is for my repair bill" then left.

Is this common practace. I know she died alot but that still seemed rude.
#17 - May 8, 2007, 11:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I demand all dungeon loot, the moment I get struck once.
#349 - May 9, 2007, 6:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I feel compelled to voice that which I love most about these types of threads. I've ordered these thoughts by the level, power and conviction of my love:

1) Healers who feel that the class and talent specialization they chose determines their group desirability more so than their ability to play their class, work with a team and behave like a person.
2) Comments made by those who pretend that anytime there is a problem in a group, it's never them.
3) Funny and irrelevant statements of entitlement.
4) My own cute little blue comments.
#352 - May 9, 2007, 8:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
1) I agree that their talent spec is not better than their skill as a healer. There's a saying, skill > gear > talents, and I believe it to be true. However, the fact that they spec for groups and sacrifice nearly any solo viability is extremely noticable. Very few healing specced healers are really 'bad healers', simply because healing is not very difficult as healing spec... the only tricky part is watching your mana bar, which is helped a lot by gear, and less by skill.

It's pure speculation to state that there are "very few bad healing specced healers", and each person is going to have their own opinion on the matter based on their own personal experience. There is more to healing than watching your mana bar if you want to be a truly effective healer.

An exceptional healer for instance can and should be able compensate for most mistakes made by others in the group.

Q u o t e:

The fact that they feel like they deserve more for what the did is quite reasonable if they died more.

You join a group knowing full well that you could potentially die any number of times. Regardless of how things play out, feeling a sense of entitlement to loot, is silly.

Q u o t e:
As someone mentioned, if a healer dies often and no one else, it's because of a poor tank. More often than not, if a healer is dying often, it's not because of a lack of skill (although there are things they can do to prevent it) on the priest's part, but because of a lack of skill on the tanks part..

Again, more speculation. There are countless reasons a given player could potentially die. Think of all the encounters that force the healer to watch his environment closely, while healing, in example, to move out of a burning fire.

Q u o t e:
If they die over and over and have gotten nothing the entire run, then feeling they are entitled to something is not wrong.

We can agree to disagree here, I'm comfortable with that. Personally, I believe feelings of entitlement constitute many problems that form between players in-game.

Q u o t e:
As a blue poster, what you says has meaning, and shows you are (supposed to be) a step above us in calm thinking and closer to the Devs in their thoughts of what's working as intended, among other things. You should make sure you continue to preserve this and not go to far on an opinionated post in the future, you and the others (such as a certain Titan whom's name I won't mention) have been getting closer and closer to being directly offensive and too opinionated on posts like this.

My blue text is to make it easier for players to know that I'm a Blizzard employee, and representative. As a community manager, it it important for me to provide my opinions, at least those that pertain to the game.

Q u o t e:
Also, no offense, but it's pretty obvious that you either don't play a healer or never, ever pug.

I apologize if my post seemed too serious, as I realize your post was light-hearted.

I just felt like this was a chance to voice my opinion.. and did so.

My main is a level 70 Holy/Discipline Priest, and before that I raided as a full Restoration Shaman. With my priest, I've done more pick-up-groups than I even care to try and calculate, including raid-zones.