ETA on Guild Bank & Guild Housing

#0 - April 10, 2007, 4:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I was wondering if we could get an ETA on Guild Bank & Guild Housing.

These were promised to us before the expansion and we still don't have them.

There are numerous posts on each subject as to why we need/want them so I won't go into them here.

I'd like to know two things:

1. Are they being worked on?
2. When can we expect to see them ingame?

Many thanks!!
#2 - April 10, 2007, 4:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I was wondering if we could get an ETA on Guild Bank & Guild Housing.

These were promised to us before the expansion and we still don't have them.

There are numerous posts on each subject as to why we need/want them so I won't go into them here.

I'd like to know two things:

1. Are they being worked on?
2. When can we expect to see them ingame?

Many thanks!!

These were not promised at any particular time . I don't believe we even used the word "promise" in any statements about these. We have said in the past , however, that these are things we would like to see added to the game. I can't give you an ETA since we don't have one as of yet.

We'd like them added in, sure, but beyond that we couldn't tell you more. When we get close to a point where we actually are implementing these things, we'll do what we can to give you all a heads-up.
#17 - April 10, 2007, 4:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Thank you so much for answering :-D

You're quite welcome. ;) I hope everyone has a great day today!
#26 - April 10, 2007, 4:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
That was quite awhile ago and while the desire to implement them hasn't changed, the timing has. There are a mountain of ideas (think Kilimanjaro size) and things that the team wants to be able to implement. There is a lot more story to be told in the World of Warcraft universe. As you've seen, we are dealing with worlds and Azeroth is just a central point of the story. We are doing what we can to implement these ideas in the most productive and practical way we can so that it all works together and makes sense. Some things will take priority over others obviously, but of course we want to get in some of these more fun ideas as well wherever we can.

I also can't tell you what is in development until I'm given the "OK" so people can assume or not assume as they like. ;)
#32 - April 10, 2007, 4:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm going to assume that they will erect a statue of me in Tinker Town.

I couldn't tell you if that was in the plans yet or not. It would spoil the surprise as would telling you that there will be a vendor with little golden Rizz statu.... oh darn it! I let it slip didn't I? Pretend I didn't say anything.
#85 - May 11, 2007, 6:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If you look in the new Games for Windows magazine (the June issue) they have a 13-page look at the behind the scenes of WoW.

pg. 59 of the magazine has some interesting things to say about guild banks.

I'm still looking for the copy of this magazine for myself. IIt's a good article and yes, it talks about the Guild Banks we have slated among other things.
#91 - May 11, 2007, 6:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'd suggest putting ideas in the suggestion forum. ;)

When we say we'd like to add something in the future it means we would. Implementation and timing are always the keys to doing the things we want (and by extension what players want). I understand that it can be frustrating for people to wait for things they really want and at the same time, we have to be reasonable about our own expectations and what we can get done in a set amount of time. Developing additional features for MMORPGs can be a laborious task since all of the tumblers need to fall into place just right for us to unlock the next part of any additions we want to make. (No, rogue lockpicking doesn't make it go any faster no matter how uber the lockpicks are.)
#119 - May 11, 2007, 8:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Being that this is an older thread, I'd like for people wishing to discuss this topic to create a new one so that old information isn't perpetuated needlessly.

Thanks.