The origin of mage water.

#0 - Dec. 29, 2006, 6:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I was playing my mage, and i realized the level 30 water summon was "spring water". Now, isn't spring water by definition from a spring? How could you conjure that? It wouldn't be from a spring then, and therefore not spring water. This leaves two possible results:
A. Mage water actually comes from a certain spring or other water source, and because you cannot have an infinite source of water, it must run dry.
B. All mages are liars.

Edit: Or, i suppose, C: Mages don't conjure water at all, and just steal it from people who arent looking.
#6 - Dec. 29, 2006, 6:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
As conjure means to summon by incantation it would likely have to exist already to be brought to you. Otherwise it would probably be called "Create Water". The real question is why does it come pre-bottled?

I like to imagine storehouses full of water and bread hidden throughout Azeroth by the mages, easily accessible and within short distances of all high traffic locations. The only reason they use magic to summon it is so they can raise their hand in a plume of smoke, bottle of water in-hand held outstretched, and say "Tah dah!"
#32 - Dec. 29, 2006, 6:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Yes, yes, that was my theory A. But shouldn't that supply of water run out eventually?

Not as long as the water is eventually... *cough* re-released into the wild.
#172 - May 14, 2007, 5:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thread necromancy is bad mmmkay?