Marshfang mount, why time-restricted??

#0 - April 18, 2007, 7:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post

EDIT: Once-a-day quests (time restricted) are simply wrong and only add to the growing WoW population sentiment that Blizzard is transforming the game into a larger timesink with each patch. We should be able to quest on OUR terms, not Blizzard's. Don't tell us when or how often we can complete quests --- if you're gonna start telling us when to quest, what's next .... restricting how fast we can level??

Whether the purpose of these (admittedly-yet-to-be-released-2.1 quests) is to string us along, add $$ to your coffers or to make the Marshfang/Netherdrake mount unique by limiting their influx into the game, I disagree with any and all reasons.

Don't implement time-restricted quests!!

EDIT #2: link to required faction -- http://www.wowwiki.com/Skyguard

EDIT #3: Blue response on page 3 and 5
#57 - April 18, 2007, 9:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The 'one-a-day' quests and turn-ins obviously restrict the amount of times those quests can be completed, and this affords us a few things as far as the rewards we can then provide. These quests are specifically designed for those players that maybe have a few hours a day, or less, to log in and play. With that short amount of time we can guarantee them a solid reward, or solid increment toward a reward, without needing to compensate for the type of player that has a lot of time to devote to simply grinding on them. This is due to limiting the amount of times it can be completed, and thus gearing it towards a more casual playstyle.

First and foremost it allows us to provide greater reward for smaller investments of time. That means less of a "grindy" feeling for a quicker and bigger payoff.

These quests are also placed in the new solo and small-group content areas which of course are geared more towards the casual player, and with this new type of quest we can provide the casual player that is generally going to be taking advantage of them, a better reward with a time investment that is more appropriate for their playstyle.

If you're the type of player that has a lot of time, then yes this is just going to be a restriction to how quickly you can complete it. We're gearing this content towards the casual player so that they can gain items and rewards on their own terms, instead of on the terms of the player who has the most time to invest.
#89 - April 18, 2007, 10:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Awesome spin...sorry Drysc but I do not by this at all.

I understand, but you're biting at a different question.

Maybe to put it in a slightly more specific context let's take a different reputation, the Nagrand one for instance. It's actually a fairly casual-friendly reputation, if you have the time you could get to exalted in a day, but for the normal casual player it could take a couple weeks maybe of working on it fairly consistently. That's a time investment that's pretty easy to swallow for most players that don't have a lot of time to put in, but then look at what that time investment can reward them.

They're going to get a mount at exalted (actually my favorite ground mount in the game, but I digress). It's an awesome mount don't get me wrong, it's a fairly unique, but it doesn't provide them anything as far as advancing their character's ability. There's also some blue items in there, but most would see replacements soon after getting to 70.

Now take that same type of casual reputation, but remove the ability for someone to simply hammer it out in a day. We can then throw some awesome rewards in because we don't have to worry about the hardcore player blasting through the content and getting some nice rewards without a matching time investment.