Stratics Chat Delayed- 05/15/07

#0 - May 16, 2007, 12:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The Stratics live chat has been delayed due to technical issues. We offer our apologies to WoW Stratics and the World of Warcraft community for this delay.

We will be announcing a new date soon and will be extending the time an extra half-hour to take more of your questions.

#64 - May 16, 2007, 6:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I know the conspiracy theories are flying, but I can't give you anymore information other than we had technical issues that kept us from being able to properly interact with everyone to be able to chat. These issues are being corrected and will be cleared up for when we hold the chat again. It was just an occassion of Murphy's Law coming into play despite best layed plans.

If you saw us quit out it was because there wasn't anything else we could do at the time and that is unfortunate. We were all looking forward to doing the chat today, but we have added extra time to the next chat to get in more questions than we would have in the hour we had planned today.

We'll have information on the next scheduled date and time soon and I hope the turn-out is as good then as it was today. I realize many people made plans just to attend and hopefully they will be able to attend the next one.
#89 - May 16, 2007, 4:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I thought I'd take a moment to clarify a few things for people.

1. We do not see the questions prior to the IRC. We are shown the questions and are able to choose which ones we can best answer as completely as possible at the time of the chat. That may sound like "spin" to some but it's actually a benefit for players asking the questions. It means they are going to get answers to things we can answer versus something more surface.

2. The Community Team is not going to be answering the questions you ask. We may have some input or insight to add on occassion, but we are there to be a part of the event and interact with the community. We enjoy it.

3. As I already explained, this wasn't a conspiracy not to hold the event. It's unfortunate that things didn't occur as planned and we had worked very hard with the good folks at Stratics to get this one going. Hopefully we will get things ironed out and be able to hold subsequent chats more regularly with the various fan sites. We honestly do enjoy doing them.

We will, hopefully, get a new date announced for you all today if possible. Please keep an eye on the forum stickies and the main website for more information, as well as Stratics' own site.