With the advent of Guild Banks...

#0 - May 17, 2007, 4:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I know it was mentioned years ago, but I was wondering if there's an update regarding the statement that a Blue made saying that Guild Housing was being looked at by the Dev team?

I think it would be a really nice feature, especially if you could add a few things such as:

-A sparring room: Basically a FFA arena area that allows guild members to set up practice duels or team battles for practice.

-A trophy room: Displays your guild's raid boss kills (might need some ironing out though) and other accomplishments (others could possibly help fill this in)

-A practice room: This one might be a little too hopeful, but it'd be awesome if you could have a raid room that allows you to practice a raid boss that you've already cleared in your guild's raid ID to incur 0 repair costs, since practicing one that you haven't killed circumvents very important mechanics such as trash respawns/etc and sinking gold into repairs. Bosses would drop nothing of course.

-A poster board that allows you to post multiple 'Guild Notices' since there are many times I know I've wished the GMOTD was longer. Maybe allow you to make a copy of the bulletin like you can copy in-game and link them on the GMOTD or something, or have the GMOTD reflect if a new bulletin was posted.

It would also be a logical place for a Guild Banker. It just seems like there's a lot more that can be done to support guilds than giving them a global chat channel (and now a bank, which is pure awesome btw).

I guess I kinda derailed my own question into a suggestion thread, but I'd still love a response if you're out there.
#22 - May 19, 2007, 12:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Guild housing is something that is a possibility for the future but there are no specific plans I could share with you at this point in time.
#26 - May 19, 2007, 12:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You guys said things like this as you denied up and down the game mag article did not confirm guild banks.

Smoke and mirrors are all mods are LOL

Um, I never denied anything about the magazine and confirmed what the magazine article said when it came out. I don't like playing with mirrors either and don't smoke. ;)