Khorium is Destroying Engineering

#0 - Jan. 26, 2007, 4:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Khorium better be broken still, because current prices on Arthas of 100+g per bar is going to make engineers reroll another profession.

Let's look at one example schematic.

Nigh Invulnerability Belt

Mats used:

10x [Primal Life] --- extracting from Zangar marsh gases = free
10x [Primal Shadow] --- mobs and mining = free
8x [Heavy Knothide Leather] --- guildie = free
[Delicate Arcanite Converter] --- arcane crystals + ironweb silk = ~30g total
4x [Khorium Power Core]

Save the best for last. So far it's a very cheap belt, until we get to khorium.

Now 2 ore = 1 bar
3 bars + 1 primal fire = khorium power core
Belt = 4 khorium power core

That means, the belt requires 24 khorium ore to make, or 12 bars
Arthas AH priceon khorium ore is 60-80g per ore, 100-120g per bar
so we're looking at the belt now taking roughly 1500g to make

Is khorium meant to be this rare? If so, I see no reason to even make the recipes that require it, they simply aren't desirable enough, because only engineers can use them, so I won't be selling them to anyone. Engineering would be great if we could make great stuff non-engies could use, but for now it's just a massive moneysink with little return.

#6 - Jan. 26, 2007, 4:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Khorium has been fixed and is back in game. Just remember that it has a low spawn rate so you'll have to do a bit of mining to get it. We'll be keeping an eye on it however.

We have a small bit of information for engineers and professions in general that we'll be letting people know about as soon as we can as well. All is not lost. We just need to make sure the European team knows it as well so they can pass it along to the community there. We're not purposely trying to hold anything back from you I promise.
#18 - Jan. 26, 2007, 4:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Um you might want to check that.

I've done hours upon hours upon hours of mining since I've hit level 70, all over the place. Every inch of shadowmoon at least 10 times flyin around looking, netherstorm the same, and just about every other area. I have yet to see even one Khorium vein, NOT EVEN ONE. There is something wrong here.

Just frustrated is all, blacksmiths, engineers, are all gonna let late starts because of the *rareity* of Khorium (Of the non-existance of)

This was done yesterday btw and I believe the chance to mine it comes from Fel Iron nodes. It could take a bit of mining to get it, but we do have confirmation that it has been restored properly in the game. Please DO let us know if for some reason you don't get any after a signficant period of time.
#20 - Jan. 26, 2007, 4:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Like what? an additional color of smoke flare?

Oh sure, ruin the surprise. ;)

No, nothing like that.
#25 - Jan. 26, 2007, 4:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You simultaneously became my hero and my tormentor. As if my day at work wasn't sucking enough, you tell me you have great news for me but that you can't tell me it.

I know. I'm a mean one sometimes. Just when you all didn't think I had it in me there I come from left field! ;)