Will Old Dungeouns Get Difficulty Levels?

#0 - Sept. 22, 2006, 5:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I read that in the expansion the new dungeouns will have difficulty levels attached to them, the harder the better the loot. I was wondering if there was any plan on making some of the current dungeouns retrofitted to harder difficulties/better loot drops? I think it would be a great boon for the game, for instead of just the expansion dungeouns for running at level 70, you'd have older dungeouns also to run for better loot. You could even add new bosses and new quests at the higher levels while maintaining the same layout for ease of implementation.

Personally I'd like to see some of the all time fav dungeouns get face lifted to 70 with new storylines. For example, how cool would it be to have a level 70 deadmines where you continue the van cleef storyline and fight perhaps his brother or some other pissed off mason. Scarlet Monastery could have higher levels of crusaders to fight. And dungeouns that are little used along the leveling path like BFD and RFK and RFD (at least for the alliance) could have new bosses/storylines and quests to make them new and something fun to do in addition to the expansion pack dungeouns.

I see this as a quick way to add more to do at the level cap once the expansion dungeouns start to run thin. With keeping the same maps and artwork for the levels, two or three dungeouns could probably be retrofitted each patch since only itemization and any new boss scripts need be added.

If you could blue, pass this suggestion on to the devs :)
#4 - Sept. 22, 2006, 5:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We are not currently planning to add dungeon difficulty settings to any of the current dungeons. It's certainly a possibility in the future, but we're currently focussed on providing new content in the expansion.
#12 - Sept. 22, 2006, 6:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
What I want to know is if the scaling will be optional or not. If I go into a level 60 instance at level 70, will I be forced to do the level 70 version, or can I still do the level 60 version?

Current implementation is a "switch" of types, although not literally a big switch, that allows you to choose the difficulty. If you want to run through something with your lower level friends we wouldn't want to stop you from doing so. All things are subject to change however.
#17 - Sept. 22, 2006, 6:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You know you want to run lvl 70 VC, let us hate murlocs all over again.

I think I would rather do something that I haven't done a whole lot, like Blackfathom Deeps. I think raising an instance to level 70 and giving incentive that may have not been there before would be much more interesting and exciting.
#61 - May 21, 2007, 4 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It's a new dawn and a new day. Put down the sacrificial animal and step away from the ceremonial candles. Thread necromancy just brings back something that isn't natural anymore.