Didja ever wish you could talk to Blizzard?

#0 - Feb. 6, 2007, 8:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Did you ever wish you could just sit down and talk face to face with the Development Team?
I’ve been playing this game for a little more than two years, and in that time I’ve come up with an idea or two for things I think could stand improvement. Things that would improve not only my enjoyment of the game, but that of the player base overall. Like many of you I’ve put those ideas forth from time to time upon the Blizzard Forums. Sometimes those ideas have been favorably received by the community, and sometimes not, but through it all I’ve never been sure if anyone from Blizzard actually saw the post. There are millions of people playing this game, and I’m just one droning voice out of many. Plus I’m sure that Blizzard’s employees have better things to do with their time than replying to every post made on these forums. ; )
I realize that it’s sort of a pipe dream, as I doubt Blizzard wants to inflict that kind of a situation upon themselves, but still what I’d really want is just to sit down and explain my ideas with the knowledge that they’ve been heard, the potential for them to be looked at, and a little feedback. Even if that feedback is “That would be overpowered”, or “We tried that during the Alpha stages of the game and it wouldn’t work”, or even “While we think that’s an awesome idea, the coding and testing of that idea would take months of hard work and man hours and it’s just not financially feasible to implement”. Ultimately of course I’d like to hear “Dude, that would totally rock! We’ll get right on that!”. ; )

Like I said, I really don’t honestly think it’s going to happen. I suppose it’s just a little frustrating to be saying something and not know if I’m being listened to.

…..

Now I know how my wife must feel. ; )
#6 - Feb. 6, 2007, 8:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Did you ever wish you could just sit down and talk face to face with the Development Team?
I’ve been playing this game for a little more than two years, and in that time I’ve come up with an idea or two for things I think could stand improvement. Things that would improve not only my enjoyment of the game, but that of the player base overall. Like many of you I’ve put those ideas forth from time to time upon the Blizzard Forums. Sometimes those ideas have been favorably received by the community, and sometimes not, but through it all I’ve never been sure if anyone from Blizzard actually saw the post. There are millions of people playing this game, and I’m just one droning voice out of many. Plus I’m sure that Blizzard’s employees have better things to do with their time than replying to every post made on these forums. ; )
I realize that it’s sort of a pipe dream, as I doubt Blizzard wants to inflict that kind of a situation upon themselves, but still what I’d really want is just to sit down and explain my ideas with the knowledge that they’ve been heard, the potential for them to be looked at, and a little feedback. Even if that feedback is “That would be overpowered”, or “We tried that during the Alpha stages of the game and it wouldn’t work”, or even “While we think that’s an awesome idea, the coding and testing of that idea would take months of hard work and man hours and it’s just not financially feasible to implement”. Ultimately of course I’d like to hear “Dude, that would totally rock! We’ll get right on that!”. ; )

Like I said, I really don’t honestly think it’s going to happen. I suppose it’s just a little frustrating to be saying something and not know if I’m being listened to.

…..

Now I know how my wife must feel. ; )

We actually love getting to be face to face with everyone. It's easier sometimes to convey thoughts and ideas and it just is much more personal. We meet up with players at conventions and of course had Blizzcon in the past and we would still like to do another Blizzcon as well at some point. I'm personally looking forward to the next opportunity I get.

In the meantime if you have ideas or suggestions, you could always post on the suggestions forums or strike up some conversations about them here with the other players to see what they think about them. You never know if we'll get a chance to give you some sort of reply on it as well.
#13 - Feb. 6, 2007, 8:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Any chance of another online devchat? There was one a while back and it was a great success.

It's a possibility at some point as well but I don't know if or when as of yet. It's definitely on the list of things we'd like to be able to do again.
#40 - Feb. 6, 2007, 9:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I think many people would be happy with a flag of sorts on the suggestion forum that signaled, "Yes, this thread has been read by a Blizzard employee."

Nothing more, no personal responses, just an automatic flag on threads.

That could still have it's problems unfortunately. ;/