Sha'tari Skygard rep grind is super excessive

#0 - May 23, 2007, 11:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ah, back to before the TBC was to be released. Remember the promises from Blizzard that they were not going to have anymore excessive grinds in the game? That rep grinding would be quick, painless, you would have to run instances multiple times, but the rep grind would be relatively easy to do.

So why exactly was this rep grind put in thats -WAY- past excessive? 5 rep per kill? Excuse me? Thats even lower then the rep handed out from BEFORE TBC.

Ok, its Blizzard going back on their word almost REPEATEDLY is the reason I am quitting this game for Hellgate, they say one thing, then do another.

I've had enough.
#5 - May 24, 2007, 12:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Well, I would probably recommend that you don't put the majority of your time getting reputation from the 5-per kills. There are other means.
#27 - May 24, 2007, 1:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thats what I mean, Blizzard said the days of exccessive rep grinds were over and done with, and now we get this stuff again.

I ground out Consortium and scryers rep in 3 days each, at this rate doing quests and grinding mobs for Sha'tari rep for FOUR hours and just BAIRLY into friendly, I should be done this grind in, oh, 3 months, thats if I do it all day every day.

Come on, balance this out blizzard.

There are four repeatable daily quests for Skyguard rep, which total about 1500 rep each day. There's also the Shadow Dust quest that I think you can turn in as much as you want all the live long day for 250 rep, etc. There's more than just killing mobs for 5 rep, so as I said, I wouldn't recommend making that your main way of obtaining rep. This is in addition to quite a few 1-time quests.

You say you don't want to grind, so we're providing you with ways so you don't have to, but in fact you do want to grind you just want to be able to do it faster. The daily quests are a way of standardizing reputation gain so you don't have to just kill the same mobs over and over for days, and they're going to be your main rep income.

If you liked just grinding through a rep straight through for a few days/weeks, then I'm sorry, that's not how these reputations work. We want to be able to give players meaningful amounts of reputation for completing meaningful and fun quests, and the daily quests are how we're achieving that.