New Patch releasing honor system

#0 - Nov. 5, 2006, 11:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I know i speak on behalf of many PVPers who are trying to hit warlord/high warlord before the new patch comes out releasing the new honor system. Our fear is that after the months of pvping hardcore to get our warlord gear that it will be screwed over and wont be able to buy our gear. Is there a way around this?
#8 - Nov. 5, 2006, 10:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You'll get some warning as the patch goes up on the PTRs, but the length it may remain there before being released can't be determined. As far as a way around it, no, as soon as the patch goes live your previous rank and honor is removed and the new honor system goes in to effect.
#20 - Nov. 5, 2006, 10:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please visit the below link to read an updated statement on the transition in to the next content patch and honor system.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=51145118&sid=1
#24 - Nov. 5, 2006, 10:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As a word of friendly advice; it would not be wise to compare the 2.0 patch release to the beta or expansion release time line as they are independent of each other.
#28 - Nov. 5, 2006, 11:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
We knew that they were releasing the expansion in January which was going to have a new PVP honor system, they just said that they were making a patch in december to release the new honor sytem..

Actually everyone thought the expansion was being released in November until the delay was announced. In actuality you will have more time to achieve your rank than you would have before, but that's really a point that has too much positive about it so I can't imagine it will be used too often in discussion.
#31 - Nov. 5, 2006, 11:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I just wonder, will our characters keep their old "Highest Rank" on the Honor window?

You'll be able to display the title of your highest rank achieved at any time using the new title system. There will also be more ways to obtain new titles throughout the game, including one for being exalted with all battleground factions.
#35 - Nov. 5, 2006, 11:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Note also that Blizz is real hush-hush about this new honor system. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen any infromation about it anywhere other than "there's going to be a new honor system and we are wiping ranks." Maybe at some point someone will tell us what we can actually expect from this new system... would be nice <hint, hint>

We have released literally all of the information we could possibly release on it as it's currently live in the beta, which is not under any information release restrictions.

You will be able to defeat opponents and obtain a type of currency called honor points, and those points can be accumulated and spent on rewards. The honor points don't diminish over time, meaning you can play at your own pace and build up honor points and buy rewards at your own pace. Many of the rewards will also require marks of honor which are distributed the same way they are now, 3 for a win and 1 for a loss. That's the gist of it.
#40 - Nov. 5, 2006, 11:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Drysc, what OF epic mount riding training?

this is an important subject

I agree, what of it? I don't know what you're asking. :)