So...why was Tranquilien rep put in?

#0 - May 30, 2007, 8:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I decided I'd roll two newly implemented characters, one belf and one Draenei, since I wanted to see some of the new content. For the record, I like leveling and rolling alts, because I like to experience the game from different perspectives.

In any case, the thing that still puzzles me is why the belf has a rep grind...in the 10-20 level range -- Tranquilien. The Draenei, rightly, quests and gets Exodar rep. There is questing which nets Silvermoon rep, but around the teens, you start questing in Tranquilien, and the rep you get from the quests ranges from 500-2k depending on the quest.

Now, I find this strange. Sure, rep grinds are a fact of the WoW life, but...in the teens, for belfs only, you instituted a grind for those low levels? And its not really a grind, since you can hit exalted if you finish most or all of the quests for that area.

Someone 'splain it to me, please.
#7 - May 30, 2007, 8:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
If you do all of the quests in that area, you should easily gain exalted by level 19 or 20 and have all of the rewards be available to you. The reputation is easy and quick to gain and the rewards are just powerful enough to be of some use for awhile until they are replaced with better items as you move on from the Ghostlands. It's just an extra bonus for that area.