The Blues need Armory Links.

#0 - May 31, 2007, 3:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
"Well I was looking at ur armory Drysc and, quite frankly, I think ur a newb. Srsly, buy some blue gems you cheap bastard!"
#3 - May 31, 2007, 3:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
To point to which character?

i mean really, having the blue avatars be aliases for their real, anonymous in game characters is a recipe for destruction.

It's because everyone always adds a little too much mayhem to the recipe.

We don't talk too often about what we play or how we play it only because people tend to cling to those bits of information, weigh, and judge what we are or are not capable of understanding. Our job is much more expansive than what we play in game and the only way to maintain that separation is to keep our anonymity on a gameplay level. Not to mention if people knew who our characters were or where we played, you can bet there would be false claims of cheating on the behalf of whatever guilds we may be members of etc. That's not fair to us and not fair to the guilds we take part in. No they don't know who I am. I like it that way. :)
#8 - May 31, 2007, 3:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So have you ever heard your guildies talking crap about "Nethaera" to you?

Hilarious if true.

Nope. I haven't. It does give great insight into what people are thinking and experiencing since people don't edit themselves on your behalf or filter their thoughts, feelings, and experiences.
#13 - May 31, 2007, 3:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I can tell you and have said in the past that I play predominantly on a PvP realm. :)
#26 - May 31, 2007, 4:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Neth Do you PVP? or if your engaged in combat you just run away?

What is this... run away you speak of? I'm the kamikaze person that will run into the middle of a bunch of people and do whatever damage I can while I'm there. :)

It's easy to maintain some distance from when people are saying things about the company or things they don't like. I just remember that it's not personal and take part in the conversation where I can. Like, if I know there is a fix going in and it was posted on the boards, I'll say as much etc. I don't give extra information that only an 'insider' would know. That would be an interesting red flag right there don't you think? I don't make waves and I do my thing like any other player.

I forgot to mention- I also enjoy RP and have for many years. There are many people in the company that enjoy it and PvP both.
#50 - May 31, 2007, 5:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Top guilds in WoW all have members of the Blizzard staff what a strange coincidence!

"Dev1, I need Improved SAP but don't want to spend the points!"
"Dev2, No problem we'll change the talent trees!"
"CM, Cool!"

You wouldn't say that if you saw the gear I have and still want. :( We get no free rides. We earn what we have the same as anyone else.
#66 - May 31, 2007, 5:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I’m sure you do... Insider information on how to beat instances and Raids is invaluable. You have that information and use it. No doubt about it.
It's a free ride. I'm sorry you don't want on the free ride merry-go-round but to late you're on.

Knowing an encounter no matter how well, does not guarantee success. I'm sure we've all done the run where you knew exactly what to do but it never seems to happen that way until you've practiced it a lot. Remember knowledge isn't always enough to get the win. It's having the skill to go with it and skill comes with patience, practice and persistence.

While it would be nice to claim ultimate knowledge of every intimate detail of the game, I can assure you, I learn things largely the same way as anyone else. The difference is that others are learning purely for fun and I am learning both for fun and as a part of my job. That gives a bit of extra incentive to be as thorough as possible.