Broken Throwing Weapons

#0 - Dec. 6, 2006, 3:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok, i would really appriciate a blue on this one... but here goes:

Since patch 2.01, all my throwing weapons have now become broken. Some of these throwing weapons were from quests and cannot just be bought again(dusksteel, throwing stars, blue axes from lbrs). If blizzard had the ability to switch my throwing weapons to a "broken throwing weapon" version of it, why didn't they just change them to the actual working version of them. Is there some way to replace my broken throwing weapons for their new working conterparts? this is really frustracting... considering i did go thru some farming to get my dusksteel throwing knifes for example and the quantity was still at 200 when the patch was loaded.

I did notice the new level 50 throwing knives they added, which is some sort of compensasion but i just feel that this "broken" throwing knifes thing was an uneccessary stab.
#55 - Dec. 6, 2006, 7:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Throwing weapons have been converted into a new system as a part of the changes for the expansion. The new throwing weapons will now lose durability from the stack however they can also be repaired. When making these changes we were not able to convert the previously existent throwing weapons and they are now labeled as "broken" and are considered junk by the system.

The changes that we have made to throwing weapons will help to make them more viable in the long run.