Epic Flight Form + Herbing

#0 - June 6, 2007, 11:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
"Druids in Swift Flight form can no longer loot herb nodes. "

This is BS.

Now the only consistent thing to do is to also remove the herbing ability from Bear Form, Cat form and Travel form.

I paid 5k and did your stupid 17 part quest line specifically to herb.

Certain classes have always had advantages when it comes to herbs and especially mining.

The only thing that was WRONG with druid flight form was that you could not herb with the slow version.

This is a case of a bunch of crybabies getting their way. The proper thing to have done was, leave the herbing alone, and instead FIX YOUR MOB AI and PATHING.

If you did that then bird herbing would not be so OP (you see we can loot an herb 10 yards above the ground and not aggro.)

Try FIXING code instead of DELETING code to cover your mistakes.

#60 - June 7, 2007, 3:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It wasn't intended that the epic flight form be able to pick herbs while hovering, and thus free of aggroing surrounding enemies. With ground-based forms you're obviously able to aggro surrounding mobs if you aren't careful. So, they're just a little bit different in that regard and being free from danger while collecting herbs ... well I think that paints its own picture.

It's still an instant-cast flying mount, which I will definitely take if you want to help convince the developers I need.
#198 - June 7, 2007, 9:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Alright, alright, I think this thread is quite about done. Everyone is just quoting the first post and putting in their two cents. It wasn't intended, anyone still arguing that it makes sense or should be a working mechanic is wrong.

/theend